300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefighters force man to the ground

Tapes from a surveillance camera show Portland firefighters forcing a 48-year-old man to the floor and one kicking him after he argued with them in the lobby of his apartment buildilng. A spokesman for the Portland Fire Bureau said a different story likely would emerge if the videotape had also recorded what was said in the lobby because the man was being aggressive and the firefighters felt threatened

Do you think the wrong action was took here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBbUmMnb4tI
    We are Volunteers, we don't get paid for what we do
    But our hope and prayers are to always see you through
    We can be eating or awakened in the middle of the night
    With a blast of our pagers saying There is a Fire we need to fight!
    We are up and dressed and out the door
    We meet sirens blaring and trucks that roar
    The adrenaline pumping, were ready to go
    Will we make it home? We never know.

It appears to me the suspect was refusing to leave the premises and talking trash to the firefighters. They tried to reason with him then he (suspect) made a threatening gesture/movement toward one of them. One firefighter recognized the threat and handled it.

I don’t see where FD did anything wrong. In my state, the suspect could be charged with interfering with a firefighter and disorderly conduct. In essence, the FD made a citizen’s arrest. Some fire personnel are vested with police powers giving them a little more authority in such an incident.

Comment

Looked to me that the shaved head, stocky firefighter in the blue outfit was the aggressor. The suspect was walking out until motormouth said something. Baldy then kicked the subject while he was down and then went after someone else who obviously was trying to calm things down. I would be focusing on that firefighter...........he needs some anger management training!!!
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

The firefighters were doing their job, then the citizen began interfering with their investigation and being disruptive, they made a citizens arrest and handled the situation.

I don't agree with the stocky, bald firefighter kicking the citizen when he was already down though.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP
          Looked to me that the shaved head, stocky firefighter in the blue outfit was the aggressor. The suspect was walking out until motormouth said something. Baldy then kicked the subject while he was down and then went after someone else who obviously was trying to calm things down. I would be focusing on that firefighter...........he needs some anger management training!!!
          The first guy that grabbed him might be able to fight fires but he can't fight people worth a s#!+. He grabs him, ducks his head down and the tries the old single leg take down. I wonder if they teach that now in all the fire fighter schools or is that just a "PORTLAND THING". As for Mr. Clean he's good for one assault and possibly two for shoving the other guy. Mr C seemed to be the aggressor on tape. Now the guy who got the" fireman shuffle" probably deserved everything he got and more. Another fine example of fireman in law enforcement.
          Most fireman I know are great guys and heroes for doing what they do but then there's always guys like the ones on video.
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

It doesn't look good for baldy. How do you justify kicking a man when he's down? If he's never had training in the academy with a DT instructor who has shown him the use of force matrix, and explains it to the jury when this one goes to court,then he's done.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Two or three did a good job of controlling the guy until the cops got on scene, but baldy took a couple cheap shots. He wasn't doing anything until his buddies had the guy under control, then got in some chicken poop cheap shots. No reason for the kicks at all.

Comment

Look at his response to it on you tube, but even better are the comments on it. Everyone talks about how great the firemen are and how this guy is a piece of s---! All of them! If I did that it would be about how Im a thug! I love it.
                For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG
                  It doesn't look good for baldy. How do you justify kicking a man when he's down? If he's never had training in the academy with a DT instructor who has shown him the use of force matrix, and explains it to the jury when this one goes to court,then he's done.
                  Easy, the susp was fighting with one of his crew members. He was still fighing when he was down. Easy to justify.

Comment

Kicking someone like that is for distraction purposes when they are still fighting. There are no cheap shots when someone is fighting with you. Looks legit to me. obviously they haven't been to a dtac class, but I think they did well for not being trained for it.
                    Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG
                      How do you justify kicking a man when he's down?
                      That one is easy. While several firefighters have the suspect on the ground and are on top of him, they are clearly unable to subdue him as evidenced by the continued flailing of his feet on the video. Because this level of force has been proven ineffective, escalating to the next level is appropriate.

The question is, how do you deliver the next level of force? Because there are so many firefighters on top of him, the only available delivery points are the few exposed areas available where he was kicked. I don't see this as being a problem with anyone's use of force continuum, ring or matrix.
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by irishdep
                        The first guy that grabbed him might be able to fight fires but he can't fight people worth a s#!+. He grabs him, ducks his head down and the tries the old single leg take down. I wonder if they teach that now in all the fire fighter schools or is that just a "PORTLAND THING". As for Mr. Clean he's good for one assault and possibly two for shoving the other guy. Mr C seemed to be the aggressor on tape. Now the guy who got the" fireman shuffle" probably deserved everything he got and more. Another fine example of fireman in law enforcement.
                        Most fireman I know are great guys and heroes for doing what they do but then there's always guys like the ones on video.
                        lol, niiice
                        We are Volunteers, we don't get paid for what we do
                        But our hope and prayers are to always see you through
                        We can be eating or awakened in the middle of the night
                        With a blast of our pagers saying There is a Fire we need to fight!
                        We are up and dressed and out the door
                        We meet sirens blaring and trucks that roar
                        The adrenaline pumping, were ready to go
                        Will we make it home? We never know.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1
                          That one is easy. While several firefighters have the suspect on the ground and are on top of him, they are clearly unable to subdue him as evidenced by the continued flailing of his feet on the video. Because this level of force has been proven ineffective, escalating to the next level is appropriate.

The question is, how do you deliver the next level of force? Because there are so many firefighters on top of him, the only available delivery points are the few exposed areas available where he was kicked. I don't see this as being a problem with anyone's use of force continuum, ring or matrix.

Creative, very nice. But I don't know

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal
                            Easy, the susp was fighting with one of his crew members. He was still fighing when he was down. Easy to justify.

See above post

Comment

After unnecessarily escalating this to a donny brook, mr. five foot nothing fireman, conveniently steps away, until the suspect/victim is restrained. Then he comes back, and kicks the guy in the arse two or three times. ROFLMAO...how priceless is that
                              "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4558 users online. 267 members and 4291 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X