300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Angel I am not.....

So I'm in the hiring process right now with a PD, Chief said he wants to hire me, and now I'm waiting for my backround to get done. Let me give you a litte backround.....

Twice as a juvenile, I got caught shoplifting, both times charges were dropped (pre-trial diversion), and once as an adult for underage possesion of alcohol. Those charges were dropped as well, so never had to plea.

I've had a run in a few times with the law as a juvenile, but nothing serious, jusr beening with the wrong people at the right time. Every time the LEO told my parents about the situation, and felt I was a good kid, just mixing with the wrong folks.

So fast forward a year or so, and i realize what the LEO's AND my parents have been telling me all along, and I pull my headout of my *** and straighten up, go in the Marines, serve an honorable tour, get out and that's when I got the underage charge I mention earlier. I did a short tour in the USMC.

I'm now in the National guard Army, as a medic. I've been working DoD as a federal security guard with a good clearance, not going to specify what kind, but important, and have been doing this job for 2 years now. No problems, hell not even a speeding ticket in this time frame from when I straightened up.

Had my backround investigator come down the other day and ask the arrests/drug usage question. Now, I've only done marijuana a few times, and only in social circumstances, but what gave me comfort was he investigator told me he used to be a pot head and burnout in high school. Wow, made me feel better already.

Do you think they will look past some of the obviously stupid things I did as a juvenile and realize I am now a responsible adult, and am looking for a chance to start LEO work?

Or should I just start looking elsewhere. I just hope there's light at the end of the tunnel. My gut says don't worry. What do you guys think?
    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Good to see you again DOD. I wouldn't worry about it. You have a good attitude and are honest and you don't try to hide anything. I'm glad your giving it a go.

In the rare instance that the department your after doesn't work for you, give another a try right away. I am sure you will be picked up based on your backround.
    "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

You should be good. I wouldn't lose any sleep over your background.
      Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I agree completely. Your background sounds somewhat similar to mine and I didn't have any issues getting on.

Comment

lol....I was told by my BI that I am essentially 'too honest' to be a cop...lol...so I guess it goes both ways. I was actually going to post a thread with what happened to me in a little bit.

Comment

I don't think your extensive criminal past will be an issue. There are guys out there who have done worse and got in. Good luck!
            "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Watch the BI

I have worked as an investigator and used the friend tactic and questionable history. The BI is trying to reveal all your background information he can. If you are honest and it was only a couple of incidents usually before 22 yoa it will not be a problem. After 22 you are looked at a little harder. I assume you are a 0085 or contract. Why not try the fed? Good luck any direction you take.
              I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.

Comment

Originally posted by fedlaw35
                I have worked as an investigator and used the friend tactic and questionable history. The BI is trying to reveal all your background information he can. If you are honest and it was only a couple of incidents usually before 22 yoa it will not be a problem. After 22 you are looked at a little harder. I assume you are a 0085 or contract. Why not try the fed? Good luck any direction you take.

Yeah, I'm an 0085, but I've done ride alongs with the 0083's, and don't care for what they do. I want to get out and meet the actual general public, have an understanding with them, and police a community. That community includes felony's, stolen cars, DV, and all kinda things which you may or may not see, but more likely not seen on a military instalation.

I'm about to be 24. I want action and expierence. I'm not gung-ho lets shoot someone, but I want to dabble in a little bit of everything....and this department offers it, along with killer bennies!

But on a side note, I got the call to do a physical, so that's good I assume, as in they are going to hire me good, right?
                You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65253

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4638 users online. 282 members and 4356 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X