Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice prior to becoming a police officer and academy regarding fitness?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice prior to becoming a police officer and academy regarding fitness?

Hello guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked before, i tried to search.
    But what would you guys recommend regarding getting into shape for the police academy and becoming an officer in general?
    I've been going to the gym for the last 2 years now trying to get into shape for the PAT and prepare for the academy, but I've been lifting heavy slacking on cardio based exercises (My fault) and i now realize i've been going about it all wrong.
    I took the PAT and passed on my first try(not sure if this is common or not) But i was beat and saw others who were perfectly fine. I want to be that in shape. I just recently took up boxing, and tried Krav Maga (Any recommendations on a focus?) and just trying to be able to pass with flying colors. But i know i need to focus on cardio and calisthenics ? i believe it's called.
    Also regarding getting into law enforcement, how many tries did it take you? Last year was my first attempt and past written and PAT. This year i'm trying again.

Thanks

Just get out and run. Don't over think it, don't join special classes or martial arts.

Go to the park, or the local high school track and just start running. You're going to run everyday in the academy. Might as well get used to it now
    You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Keep applying to every department you can and want to work at but make a copy of the applications before you turn them in.

Comment

• BK4448
        BK4448 commented
        Editing a comment
        This. I applied to every department in the area. Only problem was I forgot some of them and forgot to put them in my blue book. Some departments are more forgiving than others. Just make sure your background books match up.

Get a great pair of running shoes. Go to the local running shoes store in your area. They will watch you walk and fit you for a pair of good shoes. Get last year's style it doesn't matter. Then start running and running some more. Run a lap do25 push ups with 25 sit ups. Repeat till you've done 2 miles.
      I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Do all of the pushups. All of them them.
        REINSTATE THE TRIG
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        Your logic defies logic
        Originally posted by Rudy8116
        Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
        Originally posted by Michigan
        Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
        Originally posted by TheTick
        A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
        Originally posted by TheTick
        This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
        Originally posted by 02paul09
        Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9595 users online. 359 members and 9236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X