300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing for Academy

I know the academy and my department will give me a specific detailed list of what I am to bring to the academy. Just curious to see what everyone else brought with them to a live in academy.

Packing for the Academy

Most agencies that run live-in Academys either issue, or require Recruits to purchase uniforms consisting of blue or kahki work clothes. The brand name Dickies comes to mind. You'll want to have enough of these to maintain at least one uniform cleaned and pressed at all times. The Academy should publish a list of both required and suggested clothing. They may specify the type underclothing they want you to wear. The key is to have enough clothing and underclothing, including socks, to wear clean ones at all times. Most Academies will either have on-board laundry facilities,or will provide these services at low cost to the Recruit. I would suggest taking along a couple of items of civilian clothing for those weekends the Staff might turn you loose for a trip home, or a night on the town. (Be careful of those).The key is travel light, but bring sufficient gear for personal hygiene and comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Off Crumpkie17
      I know the academy and my department will give me a specific detailed list of what I am to bring to the academy. Just curious to see what everyone else brought with them to a live in academy.
      Flip Flops for the showers and baby wipes for the john!!
      Ipod since you can't leave the academy.

Comment

whew..scared me.. i thought you were going to carry a gun to the academy

Comment

I purchased extra uniforms for the academy so I had enough to last the entire week. Make sure you take an alarm clock, don't be late for anything especially morning pt. Boot polish is your friend also. Best thing is to find someone who has just been to that particular academy and get some info from them. There is always something you can bring to make things easier that they don't tell you about.
          Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4828 users online. 273 members and 4555 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X