Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Questions

I have a few questions for you guys.
    I was recently handed down a few guns from my father when he passed away.
    I live in an apartment and I am not huge on gun ownership, so I was thinking of getting rid of a few.
    I have a shotgun and a revolver that I am looking to get rid of.
    Since the shotgun was the gun my dad loved the most and had the longest, I decided to give it to his old Marine buddy that lives in Rhode Island.
    I was considering selling the revolver here in Ohio to help with school cost.
    What should I do before going about this.
    Should I bring them to the Sheriffs office to register them in my name?
    Can I just sell the revolver to someone, say off Craigslist and if I can, what documentation should I require to make sure I don't do anything illegal?
    and, can I bring the shotgun and have a dealer ship it for me?
    Thank you for your time and if you have any other information, I'd love to hear it.

As far as shipping the shotgun, I'd check with a dealer that has an FFL. In selling any gun, (at least in Wisconsin), you can sell the gun to a private individual if you wish. I've sold a couple of handguns, and the least I will do is run a check through the State's circuit court access on the internet.
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

BE VERY CAREFUL!!

States differ on private gun transactions. Here in Florida, you can sell guns hand-to-hand without any paperwork or dealer being involved. When I lived in California, every sale had to go through an FFL. Check with local gun shops; they will know the answer. Then verify their answer with local law enforcement.
      Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5942 users online. 349 members and 5593 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X