300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTO advice

thanks for the help all. Being honest with myself is the best in this case. Be safe.
    Last edited by dw_91; 07-12-2018, 02:48 PM.

I’ve been told to expect the worst each day

To be honest, I am really nervous about it already

I know some students will start looking for civilian jobs once they get into FTO...should I do that?

My bunion is saying you're not going to get far in FTO...

It could be wrong, but it rarely is.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.

-Elbert Hubbard

Comment

Originally posted by dw_91 View Post
      I start FTO in a few weeks. I’ve been told to expect the worst each day, get ready to take every call out there and then know you’re always going to stay late. Anything besides that means you’re having a better day than the other FTO student.

What at can you guys suggest for advice and tips about passing FTO?

To be honest, I am really nervous about it already and it’s two weeks away. I think I’m going to be weak in remembering laws, especially when there is a quiz-like question and building rapport.

I can write a report with the rest of entry level officers and will stay until the sun shines if it means getting my work done correctly. I have left my ego at the academy and am ready to learn and have my coach give me great criticism that will help mold me into a better officer. Dedication and hard work are not weak spots for me.

I know some students will start looking for civilian jobs once they get into FTO...should I do that?

Thanks for the help.
      My ingrown toenail agrees with Ratatatat 's bunion. Combined, they're 99% accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratatatat View Post

My bunion is saying you're not going to get far in FTO...

It could be wrong, but it rarely is.

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

My ingrown toenail agrees with Ratatatat 's bunion. Combined, they're 99% accurate.
        I have a pair of socks that are probably older than the OP. Those socks are agreeing with NIMT and Rattt
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by dw_91 View Post
          I start FTO in a few weeks. I’ve been told to expect the worst each day, get ready to take every call out there and then know you’re always going to stay late. Anything besides that means you’re having a better day than the other FTO student.

What at can you guys suggest for advice and tips about passing FTO?

To be honest, I am really nervous about it already and it’s two weeks away. I think I’m going to be weak in remembering laws, especially when there is a quiz-like question and building rapport.

I can write a report with the rest of entry level officers and will stay until the sun shines if it means getting my work done correctly. I have left my ego at the academy and am ready to learn and have my coach give me great criticism that will help mold me into a better officer. Dedication and hard work are not weak spots for me.

Thanks for the help.
          Where do you work?

expect the worst everyday? That just isn’t reality.

Some people are already looking for a new job while in FTO? What was the point of hiring you and training you if you are purposefully washed out of the training program? Isn’t that a waste of taxpayer money?
          semper destravit

Comment

My concern is your self-defeatist attitude that you already have. The threat of non-physical discomfort (FTO) has you looking for a safe space and way out. What's going to happen when you are physically challenged or in a fight for your life? You can't walk away from someone you need to take into custody.
            FTO programs exist specifically for folks such as yourself, to give you a learning opportunity with some control over you. If you think you are weak in laws, make a cheat sheet and carry it with you. Study on your free time, ask other cops, etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11869 users online. 391 members and 11478 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X