300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internship Experiences with the US Secret Service

I'm a college student interested in an LEO career with a local police department then after a few years, transfering to a government agency such as the FBI, CIA, US Secret Service...ect.

Currently I am looking towards an internship with the Secret Service (or any other agency) for next summer.

How competitive are internships for federal positions?
    Do you think the experiences with the Secret Service would be something useful for me in the future or would help my opportunity to get hired?

Any other advice on getting government internships would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you for your time.

Megan

I'm not really up to date on internship programs, but my advice is this. If you want to go with the Feds, start now. From what I have heard the process can take an ungodly amount of time. Also, this is just my opinion, but pick one and stick with it. The longer you stay at a local PD, the more difficult it will be to move on. You'll lose seniority, possibly take a pay cut, and be at the bottom of the totem pole for vacation, days off etc. The experience at a local PD might be good for you, but you have to weigh that against starting over from the beginning after earning some experience. Just my 2 cents.
    I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

I'm also looking to complete an internship with the Secret Service.

A few years back I applied for an in school internship with them while I was in high school. From what I've seen it's a very formal, fairly competitive field.

I don't know what their higher level education internships are like.

Check out the Secret Service site and shoot them an e-mail or such. Go to your local field office and talk to someone there. They should be able to give you some more information about it.

Here's the link to upcoming job fairs for USSS, that's also an opportunity to find some information from them. Also included the link of numbers to the local field offices.

http://www.secretservice.gov/opportunities_fairs.shtml

http://www.secretservice.gov/field_offices.shtml#n

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4527 users online. 237 members and 4290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X