PUNCTUATION
    SENTENCE
    Good obs!

Leave a comment:

• Traffic_82
    Forum Member

• Traffic_82
    replied
    I admire cop shrinks for what they do, but you'll never catch me in a shrink's office voluntarily.

I've never understood how me sharing my baggage with a stranger (who's motivations for speaking with you include financial gain). I would get more out of speaking to a close friend/girlfriend/relative etc...

Not a flame on shrinks, some people like to use them...just not me.

Leave a comment:

• Nightshift va
    Forum Member

• Nightshift va
    replied
    I just started the thread and saw the banned under your name that was one clue but you are silly if you think cops will fall for that stuff. Especially the end where you go into email or chat or whatever,,give me a break. The reason cops dont put much credit into Councilors or Psychology is because cops see how much it works out for the people they deal with on a daily basis. Also how can any advice from a Psychologist have any impact on a person who deals with more people in way worse situations on a day n day out situation. What can you possibly tell me?

Leave a comment:

• Rapax
    Righter of Lefts

• Rapax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• english
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtCHP
    Reading the above and reading this within your public profile:

"...I am a horror writer living in the English countryside.I am currently completing a psychology course to go with my counselling skills in trauma and bereavement..."

I find it difficult to believe you are a writer or studying an advanced degree program. Your choice of writing style, puncuation, sentance structure and grammar are atrocious!

Try being yourself, not something you are not, and you may be more successful in your endeavor.

The rules of writing are the same in England as they are in the United States.
    Take a good look at your own spelling.Mine's just fine!England does spell alot differently from America.
    Where are the rules that say I cannot do both?Yes,I am a writer.I have been for many years but it's not regular money.Counselling is.There is nothing wrong with wanting to further my education and psychology for police,living in a village consumed by police seemed like a good choice but I have chosen American cops to work with.
    I am myself.I'm happy with what I've chosen to do and I've chosen to help those who need help.
    So,I am standing my ground.I'm not backing down to those who wish to intimidate me.I'm not a frightened little blonde!There's always good where there's bad.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Geezer
    OTJ for awhile now.

• Sgt. Geezer
    replied

"...I am a horror writer living in the English countryside.I am currently completing a psychology course to go with my counselling skills in trauma and bereavement..."

I find it difficult to believe you are a writer or studying an advanced degree program. Your choice of writing style, puncuation, sentance structure and grammar are atrocious!

Try being yourself, not something you are not, and you may be more successful in your endeavor.

He who lives in a glass house.
    PUNCTUATION
    SENTENCE

Leave a comment:

• SgtCHP
    Retired Sergeant - CHP

• SgtCHP
    replied
    Originally posted by english
    Ah,like so many cops you jumped the gun and got it wrong.Yes,I'm looking for friends to write to.Yes,I'm looking for that "Mr Right" still but that wasn't the aim.I described myself because I knew everyone would ask and if they're not asking they're famous words are "send me a picture"
    Afterall,my working will be around cops.I'm not a counsellor all the time...
    You remember my posts well...you alittle curious?You come back to me!
    Glad to hear you had good therapy with both.Many don't or are too afraid to find out.
    Going back to the post you "don't buy" wasn't it better for me to say hi and what i was looking for rather than saying,here I am,cop psychologist,come and talk to me!You'd have all ran for the hills.

Leave a comment:

• ofc129
    replied
    The departments I've worked for (and others that I am familiar with) already have such a program in place at no charge to the officers and available at any time they choose to use.

And yeah, maybe it's a cultural issue, but you come off more as a badge bunny than anything else with your posts.

Leave a comment:

• english
    replied
    my explanation

Originally posted by exComptonCop
    Leery would be a better word. Two months ago, your first post read like a singles want ad..."31,female,blue eyes,blonde hair, looks not important in a friendship!" Now you're hanging a shingle, and claiming to be some type of an internet "cop psychologist/counsellor" Just not buying it.

As an aside, I've seen both psychologists, and counselors for various reasons, and as far as I can remember, neither used "psycho babble" during our sessions
    Ah,like so many cops you jumped the gun and got it wrong.Yes,I'm looking for friends to write to.Yes,I'm looking for that "Mr Right" still but that wasn't the aim.I described myself because I knew everyone would ask and if they're not asking they're famous words are "send me a picture"
    Afterall,my working will be around cops.I'm not a counsellor all the time...
    You remember my posts well...you alittle curious?You come back to me!
    Glad to hear you had good therapy with both.Many don't or are too afraid to find out.
    Going back to the post you "don't buy" wasn't it better for me to say hi and what i was looking for rather than saying,here I am,cop psychologist,come and talk to me!You'd have all ran for the hills.

Leave a comment:

• exComptonCop
    perspicacious pedagogue

• exComptonCop
    replied
    Originally posted by english
    Thank you for your comments.You seem quite attracted to my posts!
    Leery would be a better word. Two months ago, your first post read like a singles want ad..."31,female,blue eyes,blonde hair, looks not important in a friendship!" Now you're hanging a shingle, and claiming to be some type of an internet "cop psychologist/counsellor" Just not buying it.

As an aside, I've seen both psychologists, and counselors for various reasons, and as far as I can remember, neither used "psycho babble" during our sessions

Leave a comment:

• english
    replied
    Originally posted by exComptonCop
    No ones bitting, huh? No offense, but cops by nature, are a distrustful lot. When ever I read one of your posts, the Bates Motel comes to mind
    Thank you for your comments.You seem quite attracted to my posts!

Leave a comment:

• english
    replied
    Originally posted by PhilipCal
    Think you have a great idea.Your biggest challenge may be winning the trust/confidence of individual Officers. There is still a very prominent "macho" mentality among American cops. Wherever you locate in the United States, be certain to become familiar with that state's laws on confidentiality as it would apply to a professional counselor and client.
    Thanks for the possitive feedback.I appreciate all the help and advice offered.Confidenitality is a priority for me and I'm doing the best I can to get to know as many states as I can.That's why I need as much help from as many cops as I can get from everywhere to learn the laws of the land.
    As for the macho image I have certainly come across alot of that.Most have been very good advisors and friends but there has been a minority who are trying to be horrible to me to put me off,but I have long decided what I am doing.
    Thanks for the advice and keep it coming if you have any.

Leave a comment:

• english
    replied
    Originally posted by 1oldsarge
    This website might give you some direction. Very well thought of center on this end of the world.
    "www.thecounselingteam.com/"
    Thank you for your advice.I appreciate any help and advice offered.
    I will check out the web site.Any other info you might have for me just let me know.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• english
    replied
    "opinions required"

Perhaps you would like to reword your title to opinions REQUESTED! Most LEOs will shy away from something that is "required" - especially if it is posted by someone they don't know!!!!
    Thank you for the advice.Being English I rely on you guys to tell me the what's and how's of your thinking,speaking and the ways of your country,but I'm learning.
    I learned pretty fast that cops don't take too kindly to being "told" but they seem to like being "asked"

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    Forum Member

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Opinions

Think you have a great idea.Your biggest challenge may be winning the trust/confidence of individual Officers. There is still a very prominent "macho" mentality among American cops. Wherever you locate in the United States, be certain to become familiar with that state's laws on confidentiality as it would apply to a professional counselor and client.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4129 users online. 246 members and 3883 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X