Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll ask these sorts of questions especially when drunk-hunting. As mentioned previously, the more the person talks, the more I may notice slurring, odor of intoxicant, slow speech, etc. Also, they may tell me they came from a bar, which is another clue I can use.

I've had people refuse to answer -- no big deal, that's their right.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.my.town View Post
      i routinely ask "where are you coming from" and "where are you headed"? Sometimes there's a specific reason for asking (for example i observed them leaving a known drug house, or their car matches the description of a vehicle that was seen leaving the scene of an accident or crime, etc)...but generally it serves two purposes:

(1) make conversation to put the driver at ease. Give them a chance to explain possible reason for speeding or other violation.

(2) gauge the driver's mental state, level of impairment and truthfulness. Everyone should know where they're coming from and where they're going. Any hesitation in answering...red flag. Question makes them nervous...red flag. Answer sounds implausible...red flag. They tell me they're coming from "a friend's house", but can't tell me the friend's name or what street they live on...red flag. They tell me they're heading home, but the address on their license is the opposite direction...red flag. They slur their speech and avoid eye contact while answering...red flag. I could go on, but i think you get the picture. There are lots of clues that can be gleaned from these simple questions...and follow-up questions can poke holes in their story. I've had drivers admit they just completed a drug deal or picked up a prostitute because they thought i already knew based on my line of questioning. Makes my life much easier.
      bingo!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8961 users online. 350 members and 8611 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X