300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO asking where are you going??

Good Day all. Why do many times a LEO ask at a traffic stop where are you going or maybe where are you coming from ? I don't mind telling them but I can understand if someone does not like to tell some they don't know where they are going or where they came from. do cops really care where people are going or coming from? what would happen if someone lies to you and tells you they are heading home but right after the traffic stop you see them turn and not heading towards home

There are many reasons why an officer would ask you where you are going or where you’re coming from. Each traffic stop will be different, so it would be nearly impossibly to even imagine why the officer would ask you for a particular stop.

Next time you’re stopped by the officer and asked this question, why not ask them why they want to know where you are going or where you are coming from? This would be the best way to get an accurate answer for your particular stop.

Good luck, and please drive safely!
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I just answer the LEO Im sure the cop and myself want to get the traffic stop over and done with asap and move on. I don't want the LEO to get upset and give me a ticket by asking why he he doing something. I been stopped many times though the years but only had 2 tickets but was able to get them dismissed

Comment

Don't speed or run stoplights/stopsigns and don't worry about being stopped
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

I get stopped often for driving in the HOV/toll lanes because the troopers want to make sure I have my transponder turned on. city cops never stop me and I drive 13 hours a day

Comment

Making conversation
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Tell them you are a freeman and and you are travelling.
              Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

• PeteBroccolo
                PeteBroccolo commented
                Editing a comment
                Even up here that would be just OODLES of fun!

Originally posted by roadrunner5877 View Post
              Good Day all. Why do many times a LEO ask at a traffic stop where are you going or maybe where are you coming from ? I don't mind telling them but I can understand if someone does not like to tell some they don't know where they are going or where they came from. do cops really care where people are going or coming from? what would happen if someone lies to you and tells you they are heading home but right after the traffic stop you see them turn and not heading towards home
              The main reason that I can think of is if there is a look out/or a call on a suspicious vehicle in the area. Think, someone breaking into cars or an angry ex stalking their ex. Or a crime has been committed and you just happen to be driving in the direction away from it.

I don't remember asking that of people I stopped unless I had a very specific reason. It wasn't a routine question.
              Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

I routinely ask "where are you coming from" and "where are you headed"? Sometimes there's a specific reason for asking (for example I observed them leaving a known drug house, or their car matches the description of a vehicle that was seen leaving the scene of an accident or crime, etc)...but generally it serves two purposes:

(1) make conversation to put the driver at ease. Give them a chance to explain possible reason for speeding or other violation.

(2) gauge the driver's mental state, level of impairment and truthfulness. Everyone should know where they're coming from and where they're going. Any hesitation in answering...red flag. Question makes them nervous...red flag. Answer sounds implausible...red flag. They tell me they're coming from "a friend's house", but can't tell me the friend's name or what street they live on...red flag. They tell me they're heading home, but the address on their license is the opposite direction...red flag. They slur their speech and avoid eye contact while answering...red flag. I could go on, but I think you get the picture. There are lots of clues that can be gleaned from these simple questions...and follow-up questions can poke holes in their story. I've had drivers admit they just completed a drug deal or picked up a prostitute because they thought I already knew based on my line of questioning. Makes my life much easier.

Comment

• PeteBroccolo
                  PeteBroccolo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I endorse this reply.

They're bored and looking to find something to do when they get off

Comment

http://dai.ly/x2oqi0o

Watch and learn......
                  Last edited by HI629; 06-11-2018, 02:22 PM. Reason: This video should clear things up.
                  Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

I been watching too much of the live PD show and on that show they seem to ask that at every stop .

Comment

• PeteBroccolo
                      PeteBroccolo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And Live PD is stupid - its as if the members are both trying to screw up an investigation AND audition for a Drumpf-production reality TV show!

Originally posted by roadrunner5877 View Post
                    I been watching too much of the live PD show and on that show they seem to ask that at every stop .
                    Keep in mind that’s “made for television”.

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
                      Tell them you are a freeman and and you are travelling.
                      ...and here is a plate you might try to use.

Image result for sovereign citizen plate

You owe me a cup of coffee, JDCOP.
                      SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
                        not.in.MY.town commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Seems legit! I'd cut them a break for originality.

Tell the officer that you’re a “Sovereign Citizen”. You’ll have an experience you’ll never forget.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6634 users online. 205 members and 6429 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X