300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, talk about cruel irony

I've been in the process of repainting my car's interior and replacing a bad windshield seal lately. The windshield, which was removed before painting, was laying face(wiper side) down on the work bench near the car. It got overspray on it.

So I took a clay bar and started removing the overspray. No problem. Then I started to get close to the inspection sticker and I really didn't want to be running the bar over it. So to protect it, I put some blue painters tape over the sticker. Got all the surrounding overspray off.

Now for the irony. I went to remove the tape and it started to pull the backing off. Not the entire sticker, just the part with the VIN, the inspector, the wheel pulled, all that good stuff.

I decided to leave the tape there for now and I'll be calling my inspection station tomorrow morning but I wanted to know a LEO's opinion if he/she should happen to notice a car with tape covering the backside of the sticker.
    Note: Unless I specifically say something to the effect of I'm trying to get out of a ticket or whatever, please, don't think I'm trying to "point the finger" to make myself look innocent. Usually, I'm just trying to find things out ahead of time.

Only an absolute idiot will do a smoky burnout directly in front of a large, clearly marked, brand new white Ford Expedition police vehicle during daylight. That being said, I graduated with absolute idiots.

Hold on! You're painting the interior Who paints the inside? I don't know much about cars but WTF!
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by irishdep
      Hold on! You're painting the interior Who paints the inside? I don't know much about cars but WTF!
      I was sitting here wondering the same exact thing!

Comment

if your doing a complete color change, restoring or customizing, its very common to paint the interior..
        The proper drinking of Scotch whisky is more than indulgence: it is a toast to civilization, a tribute to the continuity of culture, a manifesto of man’s determination to use the resources of nature to refresh mind and body and enjoy to the full the senses with which he has been endowed

Comment

The best you can do is just try to explain to the officer what you told us. I might buy it. Not! Really I wouldn't worry about it. Just get it fixed tomorrow.
          The views I share are my own, and do not represent the opinions of my employing agency.

Comment

Here in Va., you'ld be pretty well off if you just took the time to call the inspection station and schedule an inspection appointment and making sure the shop took your name down (ask them to do so),
            so that if an officer stopped you while enroute, he'ld be able to call (or have dispatch do same) and confirm the appointment if he had any question about the truthfulness of your story.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Oops, my bad. The reason I painted the interior is because it's a 1964 Fairlane...meaning the entire dash as well as the upper and lower door sections are all steel vs a modern car which uses vinyl/leather/plastic etc.

Thanks for your responses. I'm going to try to schedule the appt.
              Note: Unless I specifically say something to the effect of I'm trying to get out of a ticket or whatever, please, don't think I'm trying to "point the finger" to make myself look innocent. Usually, I'm just trying to find things out ahead of time.

Only an absolute idiot will do a smoky burnout directly in front of a large, clearly marked, brand new white Ford Expedition police vehicle during daylight. That being said, I graduated with absolute idiots.

Comment

nice car... i want pics when its done
                Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5429 users online. 302 members and 5127 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X