Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two dumb questions per the application packet I have to bring down to Baltimore.
    "List all convictions (including traffic arrests)" --- Would this include a parking ticket and traffic ticket (not consecutively) I received in the last five years?

"Have you ever been a defendant in any court action: Yes or No" -- I went to court to defend said traffic ticket. Is this a yes or are they asking towards misdemeanor/felony stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Haaken View Post
      I have read many posts from LEO that do take it personal or get vengeful and have a us vs. them attitude. I was wondering how you(LEOs) prevent yourself from falling into that trap.

Edit: wordiness
      Oh, I must have missed that. The officer has a function, as do the courts. I never made it a personal matter, not in thirty eight years. Here's an old Law Enforcement proverb for you to consider. "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride".From the tone of your posts, you're looking for an argument. If so, go somewhere else.....please. Your question has been answered.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
        Oh, I must have missed that. The officer has a function, as do the courts. I never made it a personal matter, not in thirty eight years. Here's an old Law Enforcement proverb for you to consider. "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride".From the tone of your posts, you're looking for an argument. If so, go somewhere else.....please. Your question has been answered.
        Philip.........

the OP doesn't have a profile anymore............must not have liked our company and bailed already
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Honestly, I've seen a lot of ***** heads not get what they deserve. I could go on and on and on....but I just think of how much I'm getting paid an hour and think of how simple my job really is. I don't worry about what I can't control. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Philip.........

the OP doesn't have a profile anymore............must not have liked our company and bailed already
            Probably one of the better moves he's made this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric1984 View Post
              Two dumb questions per the application packet I have to bring down to Baltimore.
              "List all convictions (including traffic arrests)" --- Would this include a parking ticket and traffic ticket (not consecutively) I received in the last five years?

"Have you ever been a defendant in any court action: Yes or No" -- I went to court to defend said traffic ticket. Is this a yes or are they asking towards misdemeanor/felony stuff?
              Thread revival hallelujah. Just outta curiosity, why was a four year old thread brought back from the dead that has nothing at all to do with your questions? And no, I don't know the answer to that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Haaken View Post
                I'm just curious as to how you aviod personalizing your job?

When a person you were 99% sure was guilty, turns out not to be.
                When that court case you worked so hard on gets thrown out on a technicallity.
                When you run into the same person over and over again, but just can't get any charges to stick.

How do you avoid these from getting to you and preventing the vengence type attitude? (Working out, talking to fellow officers, family?)

Thanks

-Haak
                I just figured - Bless all of those bad guys. Without folks like them I never would have had a well paying career that gave me such a great retirement that I became one of the poster boys for pension reform.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3023 users online. 143 members and 2880 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X