300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Allowed?

I was wondering if a cop is allowed to scream and curse at you when you get pulled over. I understand it would be necessary if you are have a gun or have illegal things in your car but my brother got pulled over and the cop screamed at him and cursed at him. It wasnt a big deal what my brother did, i think he and is friends were giving a person the finger because they guy almost hit their car. The cop saw them and pulled them over.

Is this allowed?

all I will say is cops are human too. There are times when we have bad days, or can't leave whats happening at home, or any number of a thousand reasons. Just remember, the police are out there to help you, and they honestly care. In regards to giving someone the finger, I'll let one of the local or state officers on this board answer that for me.

Comment

In my state, giving the finger could be construed as tumultuous behavior which meets the criteria for disorderly conduct. So, yeah that could be a reason to stop someone.

Comment

For those that don't know, it's officially called "finger language"

Comment

If he truly screamed and cursed he's out of line and may need someone to rein him in.

Then again... Joe and Jane Public have a tendancy to minimize and exagerate things in their favor. Last summer I had a nasty-gram written to my boss wherein I allegedly yelled, and cursed a woman. Lucky for me my boss was with me that day. I never raised my voice above a conversational tone and the only "curse" words I used were "heck" and "dang". Her letter alsoexplained how her alleged infraction was so minor as to barely warrant the attention of a LEO. I recall that after we pulled away from the lady my boss had told me "You're too nice. I'd have written her up."

Some days, ya just can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by StormZ
            I was wondering if a cop is allowed to scream and curse at you when you get pulled over. I understand it would be necessary if you are have a gun or have illegal things in your car but my brother got pulled over and the cop screamed at him and cursed at him. It wasnt a big deal what my brother did, i think he and is friends were giving a person the finger because they guy almost hit their car. The cop saw them and pulled them over.

Is this allowed?
            It's a damnable lie, I didn't scream and curse him.

I spoke loud enough for him to hear me over the noise of the vehicles passing behind my back and I used the language of his culture as indicated by his mannerisms, all just so he would have a clear understanding of my meaning.

Did it work? Time will tell.
            "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

OH NO, HE YELLED AT YOUR BROTHER!!! I guess he never had a father...

A better question is, are you allowed to give the finger to someone out your car window?
              "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

Originally posted by Camo Cop
                If he truly screamed and cursed he's out of line and may need someone to rein him in.

Then again... Joe and Jane Public have a tendancy to minimize and exagerate things in their favor. Last summer I had a nasty-gram written to my boss wherein I allegedly yelled, and cursed a woman. Lucky for me my boss was with me that day. I never raised my voice above a conversational tone and the only "curse" words I used were "heck" and "dang". Her letter alsoexplained how her alleged infraction was so minor as to barely warrant the attention of a LEO. I recall that after we pulled away from the lady my boss had told me "You're too nice. I'd have written her up."

On a similar note, giving someone a break will sometimes come back to haunt you. Most of my traffic stop complaints have been from people I didn’t write.

Comment

No

I dont think it is "okay", does it happen? Yes of course, for the above given reason that we have frustrating days and the littlest thing can set us off. However I personally do not yell and scream at people at traffic stops as it increases the tension in the given circumstance AND makes the situation at hand more heated and likely to result in a complaint or an officer safety issue.

Comment

Originally posted by t150vsuptpr
                    It's a damnable lie, I didn't scream and curse him.

I spoke loud enough for him to hear me over the noise of the vehicles passing behind my back and I used the language of his culture as indicated by his mannerisms, all just so he would have a clear understanding of my meaning.

Did it work? Time will tell.
                    By taking that approach you used your discretion, right? Just kidding
                    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by Camo Cop

%100 true. I had a woman call in and state that I called her a B''CH on T/S. Imagine her surprise when the Sgt informed her a few days later that he had reviewed the incident on my mobile car camera (and told her she was lying). I also had a man who phoned a complaint in reference to a parking complaint call I ran. He told my Sgt that I drove thru the area and yelled loudly on my PA system.."I need all you f'''ing bas'''ds to move your f'''ing cars before I give you a ticket. He also had changed the incident from about 300 soccer players in the area to senior citizens crossing a soccer field. My sgt was on scene during the incident and could testify that the guy was lying.

Point is MOST people are liars. They will lie at the drop of a hat if it serves them. Instead of taking responsibility for their actions, they want to lie and place blame elsewhere. Maybe that is what happened in your friends case, maybe not.
                      John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Six
                        On a similar note, giving someone a break will sometimes come back to haunt you. Most of my traffic stop complaints have been from people I didn’t write.
                        That is right on the money. Goes back to the thread about cutting people breaks and writing a lower number when giving a speeding citation. People do not want breaks, if given them they will complain, that is why I don't give breaks on a good many things.
                        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by redbird07
                          %100 true. I had a woman call in and state that I called her a B''CH on T/S. Imagine her surprise when the Sgt informed her a few days later that he had reviewed the incident on my mobile car camera (and told her she was lying). I also had a man who phoned a complaint in reference to a parking complaint call I ran. He told my Sgt that I drove thru the area and yelled loudly on my PA system.."I need all you f'''ing bas'''ds to move your f'''ing cars before I give you a ticket. He also had changed the incident from about 300 soccer players in the area to senior citizens crossing a soccer field. My sgt was on scene during the incident and could testify that the guy was lying.

Point is MOST people are liars. They will lie at the drop of a hat if it serves them. Instead of taking responsibility for their actions, they want to lie and place blame elsewhere. Maybe that is what happened in your friends case, maybe not.
                          I would go pick this guy up for a false report.
                          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31

If you would really pick this guy up for false report I want to come work for you. My Sgt's wouldn't pick up someone for false report. I once had a Sgt. say to me concerning complaints "They can't all be lying."

I was fuming that he implied that I would be lying. Some people!

As for me No Breaks! But I'm always polite and don't cuss at people even when they start cussing at me. I've learned that the people I usually try to help out the most are the once that are most likely to screw me.
                            The views I share are my own, and do not represent the opinions of my employing agency.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
                              I don't know about your area, but alot of DA's and Assistant attorney generals I know could care less about prosecuting these :/. Heck, they use to at least where I use to work didn't care too much about persuing assult on an officer charge. :/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2962 users online. 160 members and 2802 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X