300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying a Baton as a self defense weapon

Is it a good option to carry a baton as a self defense weapon, as emergency can occur anywhere anytime so one should be prepared. is it legal to carry as well? or do you suggest some other weapon.

Originally posted by Billy02 View Post
    Is it a good option to carry a baton as a self defense weapon, as emergency can occur anywhere anytime so one should be prepared. is it legal to carry as well? or do you suggest some other weapon.
    Depends on where you are. In some places, carrying a baton could result in arrest and felony charges. Using a baton like a PR-24 or ASP requires special training.

As a civilian, you may have other options that don’t require as much training and are simpler to use. For example, Taser International makes a civilian model that is very user friendly. It is designed to be deployed, placed down and left while you get some time to flee. Once you’re done filing your police report, you fill out some paperwork with Taser and they replace the device free of charge. Check your local laws to ensure Tasers are legal where you’re at.

What is your primary concern with regard to defense? Would it be 2 or 4 legged attackers, (or combination of both)?
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

ONLY if you drive a CVPI & have 2 scanners
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Legal? Maybe. Depends on the ol' totality of the circumstances.

Cell phones are pretty good. Running away is pretty good. There's no shame in getting yourself out of a bad situation and then calling for help.

If you're looking to stand your ground and level the playing field, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

If you're from Texas (as your profile suggests) then it appears that it would be illegal for you to carry a baton...

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:
          (1) on the person’s own premises or premises under the person’s control; or
          (2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle or watercraft that is owned by the person or under the person’s control.

§ 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
          (1) “Club” means an instrument that is specially designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting serious bodily injury or death by striking a person with the instrument, and includes but is not limited to the following:
          (A) blackjack;
          (B) nightstick;
          (C) mace;
          (D) tomahawk.

Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 04-30-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

This question AGAIN???

No.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Even if it’s legal, unless you are properly trained, that baton will be nearly useless. Ineffective strikes will lead to that baton becoming a mighty uncomfortable suppository. Strike somone in the head, spine, neck or other red zones and it’s likely going to be considered deadly force.

The training needs to be in both the physical techniques and in use of force law and decision making. The best decision you as a private citizen can make is to avoid sketchy places and people. Prevention, good judgement and ego control will obviate the need for weapons 99.99999999999% of the time.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

What ateamer said.

Also:

If they want your money and your stuff -- give them your money and your stuff. You can always make more money and buy more stuff....

If it's your life that they're after -- a baton likely isn't going to help....

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  ONLY if you drive a CVPI & have 2 scanners
                  Only 2 scanners?

Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Depends on the state.....its only not legal here in CA, its a felony charge
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

In 18 yrs I've rarely used the ASP. I have used pepper spray more times than I can count. Please research the laws of the area in which you live. Have you considered self defense courses?
                      Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

This is another Troll question. IF the OP comes back, it’ll be to argue.
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                          This is another Troll question. IF the OP comes back, it’ll be to argue.

Amazingly, post count still “1”.

Comment

I’ve seen cops hit themselves in the head (one almost knocked himself out) deploying their baton and these people are trained to use them, so you think it’s a good idea for a civilian to buy one and want to use it without any formal training?

In my state, it’s illegal. You would be charged with unlawful possession and you cannot beat weapon charges in my state no matter who you are.

Comment

Related image
                              Maybe OP means this type of baton, see a lot of these in NorCal...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6520 users online. 212 members and 6308 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X