300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
    Since he likes to send private messages, but refuses to be able to receive them, I will post my response here:

99% of law enforcement are law abiding citizens who do their best to protect those they serve. The only thing you seem to do on this forum is harp on the negative publicity that the media tries to dig up. Good things that police officers do every minute of every hour of every day go unnoticed; the only time something good is said about law enforcement officers is after they have died protecting people like you. Sir, you are a joke and I am done with you.
    Excellent Response. I think all LEO's should place hm on ignore.
    Honesty Pays, Dishonesty Costs, ARE YOU IN DEBT

Comment

Originally posted by chowner View Post
      As you have state a vehicle stop is very dangerous hence by having it on my property the officer has not only himself to worry about but also me and my family at this point.

I respect cops but I also demand respect for my family and their wellbeing.
      Exactly. Since he's busy trying to contain the stop to your driveway he doesn't know if you're coming out to interfere or what your intentions are. So he gets you inside and handles the stop and goes. You made it more dangerous for the officer and I'm sure he didn't like dealing with two situations at once. He didn't pick the place to stop, the violator did. How is that showing disrespect for you or your family.
      Violators often pull into their driveway or someone elses if they plan on running or getting a bunch of friends and family out to interfere so they can get away on foot.
      He doesn't know your intentions, he has a red flag violator (red flag by pulling into a driveway where someone else comes out and wants everyone gone) and two problems to deal with at once, both potentially (in his eyes) dangerous.
      Let the cop do his job and he'll be glad to explain to you when he done I'm sure.

Comment

you are truly an idiot...it's about time someone said it....wait up ex ComptonCop.....
        We are responsible for what we do unless we are celebrities......

Comment

Had this question on my mind for quite sometime and after running across this forum thought this would be a good place to pose this question.

A while ago an officer pulled over some for speeding on my street and the speeder pulled into my driveway and the officer pulled in behind him. Concerned about a possible altercation I went out and kindly asked the officer to take this somewhere other than my property. Upon doing so the officer got very vulgar with me and told me that if I didn't return to my home he would have to charge me with Obstruction of Justice I told him I didn't feel this was the case as this is my property its my right to protect it and at this point he is trespassing as I had asked him to leave. He then became more vulgar. I said fine whatever and went back inside a few mins later they were gone and luckily nothing happened.

Do you feel as if this Officer handle himself in the correct manner? Was it to unreasonable that I ask him to leave my property which they were trespassing on ?

How would of you dealt with this situation?

Thanks
          You are not at all concerned about safety. If you were you would have never went outside. This is the common, I hate the police I don't want them on my property so I will come up with some excuse to get them off. You saw this as an opportunity to try and put the police in their place. If an altercation took place it would have been because you were distracting the officer from doing his job and in the process the driver of the vehicle tried to take advantage of it.

Yes the officer handled it correctly. If that was me you would have got one opportunity to go back into your house then I would have arrested you.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Chowner,
            You are a little troll with far too much time on your hands. Boo Hoo...the bad police man came on my property and stayed for 5 minutes when I didn't want him to...your argument that he put you and your family in danger is BS as well. You put yourself in danger by coming out of your home and interfering with this officer while he was conducting a traffic stop. You're lucky he didn't arrest you for obstruct police officer and put you in the back of his car after you didn't heed his intial warning.

My advice..get a life so you're not so concerned with such a non event.
            Last edited by Queens Cowboy; 06-26-2007, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I will answer your questions from your 1st post

A while ago an officer pulled over some for speeding on my street and the speeder pulled into my driveway and the officer pulled in behind him.
              This is legal. The officer can follow him since he stopped in your driveway.

Concerned about a possible altercation I went out and kindly asked the officer to take this somewhere other than my property.
              The officer has a legal right to be in your driveway at this point, and at this point you are obstructing the officer. And it would be unsafe and unreasonable for the officer to have the person move off your property to finish the traffic stop.

Upon doing so the officer got very vulgar with me and told me that if I didn't return to my home he would have to charge me with Obstruction of Justice
              If he was vulgar, it can be considered unprofessional, but not illegal. The officer informed you that you were commiting a crime, and he gave you the opportunity to go back inside so he didn't have to arrest you for it.

I told him I didn't feel this was the case as this is my property its my right to protect it and at this point he is trespassing as I had asked him to leave.
              As previously covered, you were in the wrong here, you were committing a crime, and the officer had a legal reason to be in your driveway. The officer was not tresspassing, and you can ask him to leave, but he doesn't have to.

He then became more vulgar. I said fine whatever and went back inside a few mins later they were gone and luckily nothing happened.
              Once again, can be considered unprofessional, but not illegal. Most officers usually step it up once you ignore their directives.

Do you feel as if this Officer handle himself in the correct manner?
              Yes I feel as if he did.

Was it to unreasonable that I ask him to leave my property which they were trespassing on ?
              Yes it was unreasonable that you asked him to leave your property. He had a legal right to be there.

How would of you dealt with this situation?
              I would have done everything the same, except I would have arrested you after you failed to comply the first time.

Comment

Chowner was lucky this didn't happen in a violent neighborhood, where it is very common for us to face ambush situations. Or minus that in any neighborhood, if either he or the driver suddenly turned violent. I would have immediatley grabbed him. Sunk him in the back seat, gotten several more units and done a protective sweep of his residence, detaining all inside until I was sure there was not a threat.
                Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, somoene has some personal issues they really need to work on.

What is the point of dragging up this thread after it had sat for nearly 2 months?

There are certain people out there, and you are just one of them, who innately think that they are the center of the universe and think they have the right to cry and whine when told what to do.

In all reality, you created an even more hazardous situation, and INCREASED the chances of danger to you and your home, by getting in the middle of something that was none of your business. What if the driver was about to shoot the cop, saw you come outside, and shot you instead? What if he tried to escape and ran you over?

Bottom line though to answer your question of "why can he do that" is cause the supreme court said so. I'm not going to waste my time digging up the exact court case for you, but if you really are as worried about this as you say, go to www.findlaw.com and look it up yourself.
                  Sheriff: We just take turns being the sheriff. It's real easy. You just hang out here, eat some pie, and get drunk.
                  Peter Griffin: Wait. Hold on a second. "Pie," "drunk," "the?" You got yourself a sheriff!

Comment

Hey cooter-whooops I meant chawder-sorry what ever you call yourself, what did you REALLY expect the officer to do? I guess you figured that he should walk up to the car and say " sir-cooter wants us to leave his property so could you back up and pull over on the roadside". " Man " this guy is a trip!! If that would have happened with me, well I would not have been even a little bit nice.
                    Last edited by j706; 06-27-2007, 12:05 AM. Reason: spelling
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by chowner View Post
                      Quote:
                      Originally posted by ray8285
                      The officer did not CHOOSE the location of the stop, the driver of the car he pulled over did. A vehicle stop can be very dangerous, I do not know who the person I am dealing with nor if they had just committed a crime. What I don't need is another person I don't know bothering me while I am trying to figure out who this other person is.
                      Also, how do you know it was for speeding? Just because we pull someone over does not mean it was for a traffic violation.
                      As you have state a vehicle stop is very dangerous hence by having it on my property the officer has not only himself to worry about but also me and my family at this point.

I respect cops but I also demand respect for my family and their wellbeing.
                      And you, your family, and the officer would have been far safer had you just stayed in your humble abode and not gone out there sticking your nose in his duisness and posing a potentially fatal distraction in the process. As pointed out, the officer followed the violator there. I don't think the officer lacked respect for you or your family nor did he lack concern for their safety, he just wanted you to get the **** out of his way and to let him finish the stop or determine his next step ASAP without distration.
                      "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

• Originally posted by chowner View Post
                        Why all the arrogance do you all respond in such matters when asked this question to face or just when you are hiding behind a computer screen?

Sorry I asked the question I guess I am better of just complying to anything I am told.
                        Now that last sentence there is the correct anwser! And we dont have to hide behind computers, we have to anwser these questions from citizens just as understanding as you EVERY DAY.
                        "A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living".
                        John F Kennedy, US

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5673 users online. 332 members and 5341 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X