Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to protect what is mine is childish?

No what is childish is that you felt you had to thump your chest when a Police Officer was doing his sworn duty. The subject in the car, is the one that pulled into your driveway.

The officer may have had no idea, what this person was up to.

My question was if they had pulled in front of your house on the street would you have come out like this.
    IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
    -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

How was the officer a threat to you or your property? Why do you feel you need to protect it from them?

Regards,
      C

Comment

Originally posted by chowner
        Trying to protect what is mine is childish?

*ahem* We're the good guys, hon. Give us a break. We don't have total control over WHERE someone chooses to stop. The officer was doing his job. It REALLY is that simple. Why don't you just cut him so slack and remember...should you choose to make such an issue over this with the PD...the *** you chew on today might be the VERY one you call to save yours tomorrow. Our job is hard enough w/o mess like this. Sorry, JMHO.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I think this whole situation is sad. Actually giving the officer a hard time because the driver he pulled over elected to pull in your driveway is juvenile. Use some common sense.
          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Had this question on my mind for quite sometime and after running across this forum thought this would be a good place to pose this question.

A while ago an officer pulled over some for speeding on my street and the speeder pulled into my driveway and the officer pulled in behind him. Concerned about a possible altercation I went out and kindly asked the officer to take this somewhere other than my property. Upon doing so the officer got very vulgar with me and told me that if I didn't return to my home he would have to charge me with Obstruction of Justice I told him I didn't feel this was the case as this is my property its my right to protect it and at this point he is trespassing as I had asked him to leave. He then became more vulgar. I said fine whatever and went back inside a few mins later they were gone and luckily nothing happened.

Do you feel as if this Officer handle himself in the correct manner? Was it to unreasonable that I ask him to leave my property which they were trespassing on ?

How would of you dealt with this situation?

Thanks
            HE FORGOT TO MENTION IT WAS HIS WIFE THAT GOT THE TICKET.
            Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
            Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
              I think this whole situation is sad. Actually giving the officer a hard time because the driver he pulled over elected to pull in your driveway is juvenile. Use some common sense.
              I never once gave the officer a hard time. I treated him with respect and ask politely and was never demanding and the officer threaten me on my own property.

New question let say something did happen. Since the officer was doing his job and I asked him to leave my property if something did happen. Would the officer be held responsible or would I be SOL and be forced to turn to a civil case to receive restitution from the outcomes?

I am start to have my doubts that everyone here is actually an Officer of the Law

Comment

I am start to have my doubts that everyone here is actually an Officer of the Law
                I'm done, C-ya later, buh bye
                "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

You treated him with respect???????? Okay, try THIS scenario on for size. You, being a homeowner go outside and interrupt this officer in the performance of his duty...by doing that, he's now required to watch both YOU and the person he stopped because he doesn't know you or know what your relationship might be the one he stopped (if one existed). Because his/her attention is now divided, the person he stopped pulls out a weapon and kills him. What are YOU going to do? What responsibility to you have in that? Probably nothing legally would be done to you, but you're living with THAT for the rest of your life. I'm a police officer, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a best friend, a lover, a confidant, and a child of my God....I'm trying to do my job, not bother you, not harm you, nothing. So what's your grief in ALL of this...what's YOUR payoff and is all this worry and fuss worth what COULD happen because you got your panties twisted over the location of a stop?
                  sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Wait up Compton......... I'm right behind ya.
                    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                      You treated him with respect???????? Okay, try THIS scenario on for size. You, being a homeowner go outside and interrupt this officer in the performance of his duty...by doing that, he's now required to watch both YOU and the person he stopped because he doesn't know you or know what your relationship might be the one he stopped (if one existed). Because his/her attention is now divided, the person he stopped pulls out a weapon and kills him. What are YOU going to do? What responsibility to you have in that? Probably nothing legally would be done to you, but you're living with THAT for the rest of your life. I'm a police officer, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a best friend, a lover, a confidant, and a child of my God....I'm trying to do my job, not bother you, not harm you, nothing. So what's your grief in ALL of this...what's YOUR payoff and is all this worry and fuss worth what COULD happen because you got your panties twisted over the location of a stop?
                      You took the job you have this responsibility. I however on the other hand while in my home should never ever be put in the situation of having to be responsible for a choice a police officer made that ended up putting a thug on my property. Yes by the Officer pulling this person over it is his responsibility for them being on my property and disturbing my peace.
                      Last edited by chowner; 04-05-2007, 04:08 PM.

Comment

So it looks like I'm late to the conversation, but I just couldn't pass this one up.

Tell ya what Chowner, how about you call your local law enforcement center and tell them that you don't want any law enforcement officers on your property because they are "trespassing". Remember that next time you need help.

It looks to me like the officer did their job. Could they have been more polite? Yes, maybe they could have, but they point has been made that now this officer's attention was divided between two potentially hostile subjects. Sounds to me like they did what they needed to do to protect themselves.

Get over it or go live in a cave.

Comment

I literally laughed out loud. I have lots things to say in response, but what's the point? LOL. There's nothing you can do about this situation and should it happen again, you'll find yourself steaming ****y over nothing...again. Get a life and learn that it's not ALL about you. That's my advice.

Geezer, hold the door, please.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                            I literally laughed out loud. I have lots things to say in response, but what's the point? LOL. There's nothing you can do about this situation and should it happen again, you'll find yourself steaming ****y over nothing...again. Get a life and learn that it's not ALL about you. That's my advice.

Geezer, hold the door, please.
                            The truth hurts doesn't it?

Comment

I never once gave the officer a hard time. I treated him with respect and ask politely and was never demanding and the officer threaten me on my own property.

New question let say something did happen. Since the officer was doing his job and I asked him to leave my property if something did happen. Would the officer be held responsible or would I be SOL and be forced to turn to a civil case to receive restitution from the outcomes?

Chowner.. You are unbelievable. The problem isnt that the vehicle driver pulled into your driveway. It's not even the fact that the officer stopped behind the driver in your driveway. The problem is YOU. Why cant you comprehend the official duties of the officer in relaion to this incident. Officers have authority to enter your property, vehicle, home, etc., in certain circumstances during official performance of their duties without a warrant. Other circumstances require a warrant. This warrantless entry criteria is determined by the courts and not by what YOU think. This officer was not tresspassing.

You also did NOT treat this officer with respect. Otherwise you would have either not bothered him in the first place, or shut up left him alone when he told you. If you were concerned about your or your families safety, then you should have stayed inside your house.

Many officers have been killed/injured when someone pulls over in front of their house and a friend/aquaintence comes out and starts shooting/fighting/ect. This officer had no way of knowing your intentions. You should be grateful that he didnt charge you with obstruction.

If you decide to sue, dont be surprised when the judge agrees with the officer. You will probably feel it is the judges fault that you feel stupid and I guess you will hold him responsible for your aggrivation.

One more thing....You asked a bunch of cops a question. Just because you got a bunch of answers you didnt like, doesnt make those answering Not Cops. You seriously need to get a life.
                              John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Smiff
                                Tell ya what Chowner, how about you call your local law enforcement center and tell them that you don't want any law enforcement officers on your property because they are "trespassing". Remember that next time you need help.
                                I would gladly do this if possible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4614 users online. 281 members and 4333 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X