300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Homes for Motor Cops

I was out on my Motorcycle yesterday, and I saw a bike coming up behind me in the lane next to me. It looked like a Generic Harley-Davidson Police Officer bike, but the Rider was wearing a leather jacket, with a black and white Police helmet. So I was a little baffled, and he pulled up next to me and it was a full Police Harley, lights, name of agency on gas tank, and even a sticker/paint saying Ofc. and his name etc.

The Officer was wearing a black Leather Harley jacket, and everything else looked like he was Off-duty, no Duty-Belt, regular Khaki pants, etc.

My question, is your Motor your take home vehicle? I don't know of any agencies that do this, and this agency is a very large agency in CA. Also are you allowed to take your Motor outside of your Jurisdiction while off-duty?
    “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway” (John Wayne)

i believe the answer would be yes.

Comment

Take homes for motor cops

In the years I rode motors, it was a take home. Officer may have been returning from the shop, or a dozen other legitimate possibilities.

Comment

My motor is my take home ride. We do not all live inside the city/county we work in so it is not uncommon for us to be riding to/from home. And we are police officers 24/7 anywhere in the state so our "jurisdiction" is anywhere we make a stop. Most departments in San Diego county have take home motors. The assignment I am working will affect what uniform I am wearing. If I am just working traffic I will be in full boots,motor pants,uniform,etc. If I am teaching a class I may be in BDU pants and a polo shirt with a jacket thrown over. Just because you cant see a duty belt doesnt mean we dont have a firearm on us. If I am taking the bike into the shop on a day off I may be in jeans and a polo shirt..... just depends on what we are doing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3980 users online. 308 members and 3672 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X