Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did you decide to become a Police Officer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you decide to become a Police Officer?

I was just curious as to why most Officers' out there today decided to become Police Officers as I am considering a career in Law Enforcement.

Looked like fun. The adrenaline rush, helping others, serving my community. All of the above.
    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

I am not an LEO yet, I have 2 and a half months left of training before I am sworn in, but I am pursuing a career in Law Enforcement because it is something I have wanted to do since I first saw "Cops" on TV. I want to help the community, and have a job that I can find satisfaction in (I'm a carpenter now, and I hate it....after 11 years it hasn't gotten any better.) even when the public doesn't always look on police favorably, I will feel better knowing I can make a difference in my community.
      Do the right thing, even when no one is watching

Comment

well the proper answer would be " to get involved and make a difference in the community. also to keep the streets safe and help people."

the real reason is " carry gun/badge, drive fast, discounts on food..."

i'm KIDDING

Comment

To make a difference.
          Invisible cows control my mind.

Comment

To help others.

Comment

Too lazy to work and too scared to steal.
              "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by webjeep
                Too lazy to work and too scared to steal.
                LOL!! Hilarious!!

Comment

Beacsue being the police is the greatest job on the face of the planet, well maybe next to rock star. Unfortunatly those jobs are even harder to come by and usually are accompanied by a serious drug addiciton and a short life span.

Comment

My reasons at first were somewhat shallow...
                    Alot of my family are Cops, so it just seemed like the thing to do. I really didn't give much thought to it (before flaming me, keep in mind I was 22). I wasn't really interested in anything else.

After a few months, I started to realize the impact LE has on a community. Catching a true predator and helping victim's get their life back on track after having a very traumatic event happen to them is what I enjoy most now.
                    Last edited by Traffic_82; 04-04-2007, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I came out of the womb destined to be a Cop.

Comment

There I was, minding my own business, or should I say, society's business. Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, changing my outward appearance at a moment's notice...an elderly Orthodox Rabbi one moment, a well-endowed kindergarten teacher the next (Oh, how I enjoyed that particular disguise...I sometimes never left the secret lair). All the dinizens of the alleys and underworld steered clear of me as I made my way through their dark and dirty world. Villians feared the mere mention of my name. My instruments of justice found their mark whenever, and wherever, I unleashed them. Yet, I never hurt an innocent man, woman, or child. The wolf and eagle called me 'brother.' I laughed at danger and refused half-price meals at the chain restaurants. The mayor had one piece of advice for me, "Always use your powers for good." And I did...

Then, one day I saw the PD recruiting poster promising me a good paycheck, guns, ammo, sometimes a fast car, a yearly uniform allowance, medical & dental coverage, and (one day) a pension. The rest is history.

Sure, the caped, form-fitting, bullet-proof spandex of my former life often calls to me, but I find it difficult to walk away from the doughnuts. Besides, chicks dig the uniform.
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Hey...it beats workin'
                          -Stay safe

Comment

Side question...

[Preface]I really wanted a job as a dispatcher in my area.. and didn't quite make the cut. Since then, I've been searching out positions in areas within 1hr of me for it.

Someone threw out, "Maybe you should just be a PO?"

I laughed at the thought- but then, I really got to thinking... Could I? Could I do it?

I wanted to join the Marine's a long time ago, and everyone told me I couldn't and I believed them.

But- I regret letting people make me doubt myself. And vowed not to let it happen again.

So- (sorry this is long winded)

Should you be an officer, if you never really thought about it in the past?

I mean, I guess, I just stumbled into the idea.

I'd never want to put anyone in harm's way.

How did you REALLY deep down know- it's what you should do??

Comment

The ONLY reason I did it was to have people explain to me roadside that they pay my salary. No other job gives you that opportunity. I love listening to people constantly explain that I am worthless and a $%## and a ^&$%^ and not to leave out a $%^#^&. Wouldn't have it any other way, can't get that behind a desk.
                              Marine Infantry - Taking out the trash one country at a time.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are."

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3121 users online. 193 members and 2928 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X