Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrested, not convicted. Do I have a chance of employment?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post

You're full of ***t. You've already proven yourself to be dishonest and untrustworthy. Psych class experiment, my ***.

"It's clear from your most recent posts that you've got several years on the job"? You're deluding yourself.

You're steady lying your butt off, bruh.
    Yep.......................total liar
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Posts reported.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Wagger
        you'd make a terrible detective. You were all apart of an experiment for my Uni Psych class on Implicit biases in police hiring. It is clear from my most recent posts that I have several years on the job. However there's no way to prove that, nor have you proven your self. So just let it be. So quit bugging brah
        No.... I'm not going to "let it be". I'm not going to allow you to falsely claim you're a police officer on this forum without calling you out as a liar. Impersonating a law enforcement officer is a felony in my state. You're not going to do it here unchallenged. I'm going to use your own posts to prove it.
        You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Wagger

you'd make a terrible detective. You were all apart of an experiment for my Uni Psych class on Implicit biases in police hiring. It is clear from my most recent posts that I have several years on the job. However there's no way to prove that, nor have you proven your self. So just let it be. So quit bugging brah
          Not sure how an anonymous forum can constitute legitimate research, especially when you have no idea whether anyone here has any influence on hiring anywhere. Do you cite wikipedia too?

Comment

Wagger has been outed as a troll. Don’t waste your time.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              Wagger has been outed as a troll. Don’t waste your time.
              I'm not sure he's a troll per se. I believe he was serious about wanting to become a cop...and his initial questions were legitimate. He just lost his marbles after he realized that lying on his first application may have ruined his chances. Apparently he then decided that pretending to be a cop here is about as close as he's going to get to actually being a cop so he made up the whole "research" story.

Sometimes it doesn't take a psych exam to weed out the nutjobs. They do a pretty good job at ousting themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Your state (or agency?) requires that an arrest be made when there's no visible injury and no way to corroborate one party's version of events?
                Here, by state law a mandatory custodial arrest is made when a DV assault occurs within the previous four hours and there is injury. In practice, every department I've worked for/with will make an arrest for any alleged assault.
                "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

Nice work Curt.

To the OP-

Just an FYI - When the BI goes to admin for review, IF they decide to hire you, you will still need to get a waiver from your state's commissioning agency (POST, etc) for your state certification. If they will not waiver you, there is nothing your hiring agency can do.

I hate to be a downer, but I don't think anyone else has brought that up.

That said, in my state, if an agency is OK with hiring you, and you prove your case by appearing before them and addressing it, there is a good chance the POST commission will grant a waiver.
                  SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                  SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                    Nice work Curt.

To the OP-

Just an FYI - When the BI goes to admin for review, IF they decide to hire you, you will still need to get a waiver from your state's commissioning agency (POST, etc) for your state certification. If they will not waiver you, there is nothing your hiring agency can do.

I hate to be a downer, but I don't think anyone else has brought that up.

That said, in my state, if an agency is OK with hiring you, and you prove your case by appearing before them and addressing it, there is a good chance the POST commission will grant a waiver.
                    Waivers are rarely given in my state.
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Waivers are rarely given in my state.
                      I've seen several old arrests for misdemeanors go through with a POST Waiver (generally no "morale turpitude" type things) and once a really old DUI that was plead down to public intoxication- that one did surprise me, but it was over 10 years before, when the applicant officer was 21.
                      SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Last edited by Ando12; 11-03-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando12 View Post
                          Well said. We can all learn a lesson from that.
                          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13034 users online. 491 members and 12543 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X