X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange question during processing

"do you like hunting?"

Is there a good or bad answer to this?

This question was asked during my oral interview, and on my psyche eval.

I told the oral board that I have a bb gun and I shot at birds before but hunting isnt something that particularly interests me.

/shrugs

I said yes during the psych and I was fine. Don't say "i love killing deer or animals". If asked, I would have told them I love doing anything outdoors and sportsmanish.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't look too much into it. Do you like hunting? If you do say so if you don't say so. I think you answered the question fine.

Comment

Around here, saying no would cast a light of doubt on you. Anybody who lives here who doesn't hunt just isn't quite right.

Seriously though, its just a question. Like everything during the process, answer it honestly. A lot of personality profiles are looking at a wide variety of things to build a big picture about who you are.
        Originally posted by kontemplerande
        Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Do I hunt?

Only for my keys.
          If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Hunting can signify things other than "killing for sport, food, or (gulp ) pleasure." Hunting is also about following signs (clues), looking for patterns (of behavior), patience, perseverance, common sense (letting quarry go, when it's not beneficial to keep pursuing), etc.

And, "do you like hunting?" could be answered with, "Yes, with a camera...for bargains...for the best places to eat...you name it.

Thirty-two years ago, that question was asked of me during my pre-employment Minnesota Multi-phasic Personality Inventory (MMPI), as follows: "Would you rather hunt, or arrange flowers?" I've never hunted, but I sure didn't see any way I would prefer arranging flowers over hunting.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5038 users online. 304 members and 4734 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X