Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubCop82
    replied
    .................................................. .

Leave a comment:

• flash4
    replied
    I'm a Deputy and I have a 81 Vette that's got a 450 HP (naturally aspirated) LT1 from a 70 model Vette. The motor came with 375 HP so I had lot of work done to it to put true 450HP to the rear tires as the dyno states. The transmission was re-worked for the extra HP as well as the rear end and the both front and rear suspension. It stalls at 3000 RPM's before launch and smokes the 285 70's with posi traction very well.

I also have a 64 Vette I'm restoring. It's probably going to have a 2007 Z71 truck motor (because the computer and wiring harness is in the engine compartment) with a 6 speed transmission. I want a smooth running car now now so my wife will ride in it.

My father owns a restoration shop and he has about 30 very cool cars. I had a 68 Camaro, 70 Challenger, and a 65 Chevelle before I got out of high school.

I love muscle cars. I hate stupid drivers. Having a muscle car doesn't mean you have to show your ***.

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    THANKS! Now let me see if it works

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    hemi...instead of typing and hitting the reply button, hit the go advanced button to the right, scroll down to additional options, click manage attatchments, get the file you want, put it in the grey address area of that little box that comes up for attatchments and hit upload, once you hit that, you can close the little box and hit submit reply

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    Be happy to! Can someone PLEASE tell me how to post pictures here? I'm a computer idiot

Leave a comment:

• lexcoptk
    replied
    I have a 99 Z-28, 6-speed, T-tops, light pewter metallic, 28,500 miles on it. Previously owned an 85 IROC-Z (black with gold) and an 86 IROC-Z (red with gold).

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    Originally posted by hemicop
    With a low 8/high 7-second Altered, a '68 Hemi Dart & an '06 Mustang GT in my garage I hardly think I qualify as a "car-hater". Just got back from "Mopars at the Strip" in Vegas --- cool Anyway, what many muscle car guys don't realize most cops had or have cars just like them but now we see just what screwing around on the street can result in. I grew up streetracing in NYC in the late '60s/early '70s & it was every bit as wild as is rumored BUT we'd block traffic (stupid, I know) so no one would be around. Nowadays, most streetracers don't seem to care who or what is around and liability issues are greater than ever. In the '90s my Dept ran a S/ST (super street, for the uninformed) drag car I built and we had great interaction with many streetracers. Did it stop it? Of course not! BUT it did open up communication with many guys, some I'm still happy to call friends. No, your buddies are wrong. Most LEOs don't hate muscle cars or their owners--we perhaps are just a little more appreciative & respectful of them than they are.
    first off...post pics of your freaking car!!!..lol..and they are to much my buddies..just people i talk cars with. stang, nice car...i love those tear drop style rims...so...now that you all proved you dont "hate" the muscle...where our the pics?
    Last edited by 99 Fenix; 04-02-2007, 06:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    With a low 8/high 7-second Altered, a '68 Hemi Dart & an '06 Mustang GT in my garage I hardly think I qualify as a "car-hater". Just got back from "Mopars at the Strip" in Vegas --- cool Anyway, what many muscle car guys don't realize most cops had or have cars just like them but now we see just what screwing around on the street can result in. I grew up streetracing in NYC in the late '60s/early '70s & it was every bit as wild as is rumored BUT we'd block traffic (stupid, I know) so no one would be around. Nowadays, most streetracers don't seem to care who or what is around and liability issues are greater than ever. In the '90s my Dept ran a S/ST (super street, for the uninformed) drag car I built and we had great interaction with many streetracers. Did it stop it? Of course not! BUT it did open up communication with many guys, some I'm still happy to call friends. No, your buddies are wrong. Most LEOs don't hate muscle cars or their owners--we perhaps are just a little more appreciative & respectful of them than they are.

Leave a comment:

• stangfather
    replied
    not a cop yet but im mustang guy, nad almost ALL the officers i know are car guys..

13yr Sgt. fully custom 03 Cobra

12 yr OHP officer 69 Camaro Z28, and a 55 Chevy 210

5 yr city officer, 2003 Mach 1 (not stock)

3 yr officer 92 LX 5.0 Supercharged

and of course mine..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    hahaha...thats so true...and i can imagine in a chance..."if i had my car, i could catch him" but as for doing the PIT manuver in your car..haha..nah...reminds me of bad boys 2...the department doesnt pay for non duty vehicles. i <3 my car and all 6 of its gears

Leave a comment:

• Underoath
    replied
    Originally posted by 99 Fenix
    not fast or furious...lol...ok, well, for all you guys that are the GM fans..how does it feel to be stuck in a ford and an even better question....how do they pick who rides in the undercover camaros?!
    Driving a ford for work makes off-duty GM driving that much more pleasurable

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    Originally posted by TPO
    Ricer = everything that can possibly be enforced under CFR 49, 571.108.
    not fast or furious...lol...ok, well, for all you guys that are the GM fans..how does it feel to be stuck in a ford and an even better question....how do they pick who rides in the undercover camaros?!

Leave a comment:

• TPO
    replied
    Originally posted by Underoath
    Ricer = Imitates the image of being fast but is in fact...not.
    Ricer = everything that can possibly be enforced under CFR 49, 571.108.

Leave a comment:

• Underoath
    replied
    Ricer = Imitates the image of being fast but is in fact...not.

Leave a comment:

• 99 Fenix
    replied
    i love you guys...lol. yea, saturday night. i know where u guys meet in the little shopping center, been there once or twice...but a mustang huh...lol and uh, ricer..definition...to me is some one, who has 100000 stickers on their car, a big wing, a fart can, ect. ANY car can be a ricer, ricer doesnt mean the car, its the drivers attitude with the car. ive heard the staties like the z28 more than the charger...lol...how about the challenger..the new one anyways. and i do agree..its not the car, its the driver. im glad you all are so understanding, puts a smile on my face

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6442 users online. 391 members and 6051 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X