Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would having no front plate be considered a traffic violation?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would having no front plate be considered a traffic violation?

I'm filling out the background packet for a local pd and one of the questions asks:

List all traffic citations excluding parking citations you have recieved in the past 7 years.

The only thing I've ever been ticketed for is not having a front plate which was a $20 fine. Also, where can I request information in regards to the citation? It's been so long I no longer remember the date nor do I still have a copy of it. Do I go to the DMV? The agency that ticketed me?

"List all traffic citations"

Its a traffic citation right? So list it.

Comment

Just list it. Its not a big deal, and shouldnt hold you back....however not listing it might seem like you are hiding things.

Comment

List them all.
        John 3:16

Comment

Of course I will be listing it. But the problem is finding out when I was cited in the first place. Would the DMV have the date on record?

Comment

Originally posted by Gundam
            Of course I will be listing it. But the problem is finding out when I was cited in the first place. Would the DMV have the date on record?
            Only way to find out is ask. Our state DMV (TN) usually removes traffic cites after 5 or 7 years (can't remember which).
            I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

How to get a copy of my DMV record, my spouse's record or my child's record

Your DMV record is available to you during normal working hours. You may obtain a copy of your California driving license/identification card and/or vehicle/vessel registration information by:

Visiting your local DMV office (make an appointment for faster service)
              Completing a Request for Driver Record Information form INF 1125
              Showing identification
              Paying the fee

If going into a local field office is not convenient for you or you are out of state, you may request your record by mail. Complete the INF 1125 form available on this web site or prepare a written request, including your name, date of birth, social security number, California driver license number, and your signature, along with a check or money order for $5, and mail to:

Department of Motor Vehicles
              Office of Information Services
              Public Operations Unit G199
              P. O. BOX 944247
              Sacramento, California 94244-2470

DMV can also provide you a copy of your spouse or minor children's record as long as they are living at the same address. The INF 70D/70R Request for Driver License/Identification Card or the Request for Vehicle/Vessel Registration form must be completed and submitted with the appropriate fee (provided on the form) for each request.

If a spouse or child is not living at the same address, please see "How to get a copy of someone else's driver license, ID card, vehicle or vessel record?"
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

As mentioned before list everything. In a good dept they will catch it. If you fail to mention it and they find it you are fracked!

Comment

I was able to get the info from the records division of the department that pulled me over. Sure beats waiting at the DMV

Comment

I thought that in the states you only needed a rear license plate. Or is that only in NY state?
                    All I know is I need both mine visible here in Ontario. Yet i believe most cars look better without a front one in terms of style.
                    --"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
                    --"Run XC"

Comment

In Tx you have to have 2 LP's...one at the front most of the vehicle and one at the rear most.
                      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I'm suprised somebody actually wrote that...

You can go to the department that wrote you. If you explain that you're now a Police applicant, they may give you the info.

You can also find it on the net, but you'll have to shovel a few bucks over.

Comment

I'm filling out the background packet for a local pd and one of the questions asks:

List all traffic citations excluding parking citations you have recieved in the past 7 years.

The only thing I've ever been ticketed for is not having a front plate which was a $20 fine. Also, where can I request information in regards to the citation? It's been so long I no longer remember the date nor do I still have a copy of it. Do I go to the DMV? The agency that ticketed me?
                          It is considered a traffic violation. If you had 20 no front plate tickets it would give a lot of information to a background investigator as to your character and that is why you list everything. If you cant get an exact date then give an approximate and let them know. I had one that was almost 12 years old and couldnt get it....put down the year and month I thought it was.

One no front plate ticket is nothing so dont worry if thats all you have. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by prelives1337
                            I thought that in the states you only needed a rear license plate. Or is that only in NY state?
                            All I know is I need both mine visible here in Ontario. Yet i believe most cars look better without a front one in terms of style.
                            Depends on which state you are in..... California requires two. A lot of people dont like putting on the front plate because it doesnt look good so it makes for good PC to stop a lot of cars.

Comment

5200 (a) VC - one of the best ways to get access to a car.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5982 users online. 358 members and 5624 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X