300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff51086
    Sorry, not an LEO, but I just thought that was pretty funny. Just a suggestion, but maybe if you dont want to be harrassed anymore, you should try not being such an easy target. I think I remember you posting in another thread that you've gotten 17 or 18 tickets?
    Yes she has.....on top of getting harassed at work, getting stopped b/c of her dog, etc she posted these as her tickets.

April 2003 ->2 tickets
    May 2003 ->1 ticket
    Sept. 2003 ->30 day licence suspension
    Dec. 2003 ->1 ticket
    Sept. 2004 -> 1 ticket
    Feb. 2005 -> 1 ticket
    Dec. 2005 ->1 ticket
    Jan. 2006 ->1 ticket
    Sept. 2006 ->1 ticket
    Oct. 2006 ->1 ticket ->Trial pending
    Dec. 2006 ->1 ticket
    Feb. 2007 ->Waiting for interview letter and licence suspension

That list sure says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz
      Could you please explain the difference between a "ticket" and a "citation".
      A citation is an order to appear in court regarding a minor infraction.

A ticket doesn't require a court appearance. You just pay the amount written on it and send it in the mail. You only go to court if you want more time to pay, to work it off, have it reduced, or plead not guilty. Where I live the officer only has to appear for the trial and not the first appearance.

Comment

Yes she has.....on top of getting harassed at work, getting stopped b/c of her dog, etc she posted these as her tickets.

April 2003 ->2 tickets
        May 2003 ->1 ticket
        Dec. 2003 ->1 ticket
        Sept. 2004 -> 1 ticket
        Feb. 2005 -> 1 ticket
        Dec. 2005 ->1 ticket
        Jan. 2006 ->1 ticket
        Sept. 2006 ->1 ticket
        Dec. 2006 ->1 ticket

It sure does say a lot... stop breaking the law...

Comment

April 2003 ->2 tickets
          May 2003 ->1 ticket
          Dec. 2003 ->1 ticket
          Sept. 2004 -> 1 ticket
          Feb. 2005 -> 1 ticket
          Dec. 2005 ->1 ticket
          Jan. 2006 ->1 ticket
          Sept. 2006 ->1 ticket
          Dec. 2006 ->1 ticket

You can take off the last one. No licence suspension, no interview. Just a two hour traffic safety seminar to tell me that it costs a lot of money to get into an accident. Biggest waste of time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
            You can take off the last one. No licence suspension, no interview. Just a two hour traffic safety seminar to tell me that it costs a lot of money to get into an accident. Biggest waste of time ever.
            Biggest waste of time ever? So by your continued disrespect for the law, you believe them trying to help you is a waste of time. Just wait until your speeding one night lose control and kill someone. Maybe thats a bit harsh, but guess what, it happens all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CGIS1
              Biggest waste of time ever? So by your continued disrespect for the law, you believe them trying to help you is a waste of time. Just wait until your speeding one night lose control and kill someone. Maybe thats a bit harsh, but guess what, it happens all the time.
              It was a waste of time because all they talked about was the monetary costs of speeding. It was put on by the insurance/licencing company. You don't need to tell me about the losing control part and killing someone, because I did lose control and almost did kill someone, which was why I had to take that stupid seminar and I'm not the only one who found it to be a waste of time.

I'm one of those people who thinks there's more to life than money. I wrote the Highway Traffic Board and told them what I thought of their traffic safety seminar. I told them what all it was lacking and how they could improve it to make it more effective.

The seminar itself was a gong show. The people who did the presentation didn't actually know how the licencing system worked, told me that I was wrong when I told them that wreckless driving is a criminal offence, they didn't even know that in 2004 we switched over from the Highway Traffic Act to the Traffic Safety Act. When I asked them why they focused so much on the monetary aspects of tickets and accidents rather than the fact that sooner or later someone would kill someone I was told "that's depressing and we don't like to talk about those things."

Comment

April 2003 ->2 tickets
                May 2003 ->1 ticket
                Dec. 2003 ->1 ticket
                Sept. 2004 -> 1 ticket
                Feb. 2005 -> 1 ticket
                Dec. 2005 ->1 ticket
                Jan. 2006 ->1 ticket
                Sept. 2006 ->1 ticket
                Dec. 2006 ->1 ticket

1) Tell the officer that you feel like he is harrassing you and tell him to stop

2) If this does not correct the situation, call his SGT and tell your sad story

With that many tickets over a three year period hopefully the judge will tell you to invest in a bike after he takes your lisense. Driving is a privelage that can be taken away, REGUARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK. You have gotten luckey so far because you have not killed anyone......Yet.

Comment

Tell the other cops that they can't have free donuts anymore because your guy came in in uniform and got 100 donuts for the annual shift party, but your manager found out he was really off-duty at the time and took them for his wife's poker tournament at the garden club.

Or, you could just charge him next time he comes in while he's working. You'll never see him again.

......but then you'll have to go speeding around town to get another ticket when you start missing him.....

Comment

you need to learn how to drive, maybe retake the drivers exam??
                    "Say hello to my leeeetle friend"

Comment

A citation is an order to appear in court regarding a minor infraction.

A ticket doesn't require a court appearance. You just pay the amount written on it and send it in the mail. You only go to court if you want more time to pay, to work it off, have it reduced, or plead not guilty. Where I live the officer only has to appear for the trial and not the first appearance.
                      I guess I'm still a little confused.....

so a citation means a mandatory appearance...you cant plead guilty and pay it by mail. you MUST show up regardless. If a citation is for minor infractions then what are you issued a "ticket" for???

a ticket can be paid by pleading guilty and sending a check in the mail, but if you plead not guilty then you have to show up for trial.

Is that about right?

The officer only shows up for the trial here too...not for the first appearance.
                      Last edited by Fuzz; 03-27-2007, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I guess I'm still a little confused.....

so a citation means a mandatory appearance...you cant plead guilty and pay it by mail. you MUST show up regardless. If a citation is for minor infractions then what are you issued a "ticket" for???

a ticket can be paid by pleading guilty and sending a check in the mail, but if you plead not guilty then you have to show up for trial.

Is that about right?

The officer only shows up for the trial here too...not for the first appearance.
                        Perhaps what she is calling a citation is our Appearance Ticket.
                        Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                        Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

It was a waste of time because all they talked about was the monetary costs of speeding. It was put on by the insurance/licencing company. You don't need to tell me about the losing control part and killing someone, because I did lose control and almost did kill someone, which was why I had to take that stupid seminar and I'm not the only one who found it to be a waste of time.

I'm one of those people who thinks there's more to life than money. I wrote the Highway Traffic Board and told them what I thought of their traffic safety seminar. I told them what all it was lacking and how they could improve it to make it more effective.

The seminar itself was a gong show. The people who did the presentation didn't actually know how the licencing system worked, told me that I was wrong when I told them that wreckless driving is a criminal offence, they didn't even know that in 2004 we switched over from the Highway Traffic Act to the Traffic Safety Act. When I asked them why they focused so much on the monetary aspects of tickets and accidents rather than the fact that sooner or later someone would kill someone I was told "that's depressing and we don't like to talk about those things."
                          You seem to be intelligent, so why do you keep breaking the law? I'm sorry it was a poor seminar, and they most certainly are attacking it from the wrong angle, but there is one extremely easily solution to it. Slow down and drive more safely. In regards to your problem with the officer (if it is true), we are all human. We don't know the entire story, maybe he was staring a little bit, but we all know that happens all the time. Since were not going to know the whole story, or know whether it is true, you seem intelligent enough to handle this problem on your own.

Comment

take it easy

how big is your town or city? it looks like to me it is a small town where evrybody knows everybody. and i think that there is probably two coffee shops. keep in mind that your driving history won't back up your harrassing story. neither the judge or the supervisor will elieve you because you have 11 tickets and the officer knows you pretty well and know your driving history. my best guess just ignor him and if the stuation escalade make sureto have witnesses or video tape or recording to back your story up.

Comment

Originally posted by maradona1945
                              how big is your town or city? it looks like to me it is a small town where evrybody knows everybody. and i think that there is probably two coffee shops. keep in mind that your driving history won't back up your harrassing story. neither the judge or the supervisor will elieve you because you have 11 tickets and the officer knows you pretty well and know your driving history. my best guess just ignor him and if the stuation escalade make sureto have witnesses or video tape or recording to back your story up.

Sort of like saying a prostitute cant be raped isnt it?

It doesnt matter if she has 500 tickets. What are the elements of Stalking or harassment if your state has a harassment statute.
                              It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31
                                Sort of like saying a prostitute cant be raped isnt it?

It doesnt matter if she has 500 tickets. What are the elements of Stalking or harassment if your state has a harassment statute.
                                still it will be very hard for a jury to believe a prostitute being raped

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2324 users online. 169 members and 2155 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X