Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)

    Any FDOT officers on here? Is FDOT certified law enforcement? Just wondering since a city police officer told me that they are not certified, something like they would have go through the academy if they wanted to be a city cop with any agency, and viceversa, if he wanted to join FDOT he would have to go up to Tallahassee to go through their academy?

    Is this true.

    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Florida DOT

    If I'm not mistaken, the Florida D.O.T. Officers you are referring to, used to work for the Florida Public Service Commission. Around 1979 or 1980. the Legislature transferred their function to the D.O.T. Yes, they are certified law enforcement officers, and must meet Florida P.O.S.T. standards on the same basis as any law enforcement officer. I believe, and you may want to check further on this, that they possess full statewide police powers. It's possible that D.O.T. policy limits them to transportation enforcement duties, but again, yes, they are state certified peace officers.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PhilipCal
      If I'm not mistaken, the Florida D.O.T. Officers you are referring to, used to work for the Florida Public Service Commission. Around 1979 or 1980. the Legislature transferred their function to the D.O.T. Yes, they are certified law enforcement officers, and must meet Florida P.O.S.T. standards on the same basis as any law enforcement officer. I believe, and you may want to check further on this, that they possess full statewide police powers. It's possible that D.O.T. policy limits them to transportation enforcement duties, but again, yes, they are state certified peace officers.

      Thanks, I kind of figured they were, I mean it clearly states "State Law Enforcement" right on their cruisers, they have red and blue lights.

      Will

      Comment


      • #4
        They are pretty much troopers who focus on motor carrier complaince.

        They do HAVE non-sword inspectors who work the weigh stations, but the ones out in the cars are looking for semi's that do not have the proper equipment, etc etc. They are perfectly capable though of pulling over anyone for any traffic offense. Most of them have radar in their cars.

        http://www.dot.state.fl.us/mcco/default.htm
        Sheriff: We just take turns being the sheriff. It's real easy. You just hang out here, eat some pie, and get drunk.
        Peter Griffin: Wait. Hold on a second. "Pie," "drunk," "the?" You got yourself a sheriff!

        Comment


        • #5
          All one day affair

          I was checking out their hiring process and I saw that they have the psych, oral, medical, visual and drug test all in one day. How accurate do you thing the result will be? I.e. result from the psych and giving good responses in the oral board?

          Thanks in advance,

          $m0kin3053

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sm0kin3053 View Post
            I was checking out their hiring process and I saw that they have the psych, oral, medical, visual and drug test all in one day. How accurate do you thing the result will be? I.e. result from the psych and giving good responses in the oral board?

            Thanks in advance,

            $m0kin3053
            Wow! Busy day for sure!

            Comment


            • #7
              I been wanting to apply with them but cant seem to find where to do so. Any help please?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sm0kin3053 View Post
                Thanks, I kind of figured they were, I mean it clearly states "State Law Enforcement" right on their cruisers, they have red and blue lights.

                Will
                I believe they only use blue. They are sworn, state certified law enforcement officers who primarily deal with motor carrier or weights and standars compliance. They can do whatever they want, wherever they want. That's actually a good gig if you can get into it. Too bad their salary is awful though. I know a couple of their interdiction K-9 units and they all work very well at finding dope.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow, old thread.

                  Anyway, their jobs (and almost all other state jobs in Florida) can be found at

                  jobs.myflorida.com
                  Sheriff: We just take turns being the sheriff. It's real easy. You just hang out here, eat some pie, and get drunk.
                  Peter Griffin: Wait. Hold on a second. "Pie," "drunk," "the?" You got yourself a sheriff!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GatorPD View Post
                    Wow, old thread.

                    Anyway, their jobs (and almost all other state jobs in Florida) can be found at

                    jobs.myflorida.com

                    jobs.myflorida.com - Quite helpful, got lot many related job search from here.
                    medical transcription

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I recently applied for the agency this month. Is any here still going thru the application process? If so, what the length and process?

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 5775 users online. 339 members and 5436 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X