300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between the CHP and Local Police

Hey everyone, I am planning on applying to both the CHP and a local police department. What I ultimately choose to go with depends on which agency accepts me to be completely honest. However, I was wondering, what are some differences between the California Highway Patrol and Local police.
    Last edited by Harout77; 10-25-2017, 12:18 AM.

Local police like where? In one city, at the corner of Laurel Canyon Blvd and Archwood the “local police” have pretty good job security. And their career prospects are much more broad.

In some places, like the corner of Anchor Village and 2nd, the CHP gets there first.

They have about the same chances for back units. Don’t get boughed down in the details, if you called for help as a CHP Officer, lots of people are going.

*nice how you choose to not apply to any Sheriff’s Offices. Afraid of going into a jail?
    Last edited by RGDS; 10-25-2017, 08:29 AM.
    semper destravit

Comment

OP, you REALLY need to understand what the agency’s you are looking at do. Your question is about a sixth grade level. Start reading. Lots.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

A city police department is responsible for providing police services to the particular city that employs it.

CHP is responsible for enforcing laws related to the operation of vehicles on the highways; for providing for the physical security of the Governor, Constitutional Officers and visiting dignitaries on state business, for serving as a State Capitol Police; for providing police services to those state properties that do not maintain their own police departments for the purposes of self protection; and for serving as Bailiffs in the State Supreme and Appellate Courts.

In addition, CHP contracts out the services of its managers to serve as Chiefs of smaller state law enforcement and public safety agencies if requested by them to do so.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9369 users online. 439 members and 8930 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X