300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we go to the police?

My family has an issue and we need to know if there is anything the police can do at this point. I will keep this brief so if you want or need further details, please ask.

My brother died unexpectedly back in February. At the time we were told he died from a pulmonary embolism. There was no autopsy because according to the medical examiner there was no reason at the time for anyone to perform an autopsy. The body was cremated. Over the past 8 months we have heard many different reasons for his death from his wife. His wife has told inconsistent stories about the night she found him in bed not breathing. At first, no one questioned anything but over the past few months the wife has been giving different reasons for his death from heart-attack to overdose and just recently she stated that he committed suicide. Strange that she will not talk to our family about any of it. Everything we are finding out is coming through close friends. We have asked her for a copy of the ER report but it is clear she is not going to allow us to see it. She told us she ordered a copy a month ago then recently told us she hasn't had the time to go order the report. We also found out that she has been in a serious relationship 5 months or less after her husband's death. She is definitely a merry widow which just adds to our suspicion. She easily could be completely innocent but it seems like somethings just not right and our family deserves to know the truth which she is unwilling to give. Is there anything at all a detective could do to get answers?

Probably farther ahead to hire a PI or lawyer. Not to downplay your situation, but police don't spend time and resources investigating hunches.

Comment

And this also sounds like another tale...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
        And this also sounds like another tale...
        No selfie avatar yet. I'll give em the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinNJ View Post
          My family has an issue and we need to know if there is anything the police can do at this point. I will keep this brief so if you want or need further details, please ask.

My brother died unexpectedly back in February. At the time we were told he died from a pulmonary embolism. There was no autopsy because according to the medical examiner there was no reason at the time for anyone to perform an autopsy. The body was cremated.
          That is going to effectively stop the investigation

Over the past 8 months we have heard many different reasons for his death from his wife. His wife has told inconsistent stories about the night she found him in bed not breathing. At first, no one questioned anything but over the past few months the wife has been giving different reasons for his death from heart-attack to overdose and just recently she stated that he committed suicide. Strange that she will not talk to our family about any of it. Everything we are finding out is coming through close friends. We have asked her for a copy of the ER report but it is clear she is not going to allow us to see it.
          As next of kin she doesn't have to provide it to you

She told us she ordered a copy a month ago then recently told us she hasn't had the time to go order the report. We also found out that she has been in a serious relationship 5 months or less after her husband's death. She is definitely a merry widow which just adds to our suspicion. She easily could be completely innocent but it seems like somethings just not right and our family deserves to know the truth which she is unwilling to give. Is there anything at all a detective could do to get answers?
          The PoPo aren't going to expend any resources on this case as it stands...................

If it bothers you that much you could spend thousands of dollars on a Private Investigator to see if he/she could develop information that could be taken to the police and SEE if they would reopen the investigation
          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 10-12-2017, 05:57 AM.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

This is no tale. I came here specifically to ask this question because we just didn't know where we could go. I really appreciate the feedback.

IOWA and MATT N....Unfortunately, that's what I suspected. Thank you.
            Last edited by EdinNJ; 10-12-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9204 users online. 329 members and 8875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X