300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County vs. City vs. State

What exactley are the pro's and con's of each? Do any of these departments have more power over the next?. More juristiction? How about the promotional standpoint?

Just a couple of questions thrown out there.

I understand that CHP are more involved with Highway safey (traffic, tickets, DUI'S, and more tickets)

It varies greatly from state to state, department to department. To vague of a question. Could you at least narrow it down to the state you're interested in?
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by phillypham
      What exactley are the pro's and con's of each? Do any of these departments have more power over the next?. More juristiction? How about the promotional standpoint?

Just a couple of questions thrown out there.

I understand that CHP are more involved with Highway safey (traffic, tickets, DUI'S, and more tickets)

STATE: Statewide jurisdictional responsibility for law enforcement and criminal supression.

COUNTY: Countywide jurisdictional responsibility for law enforcement and criminal supression.

CITY: Citywide jurisdictional responsibility for law enforcement and criminal supression.

It should be noted that for the purposes of Peace Officer Status, all LEOs are recognized peace officers statewide as they are certified and adjudged as such by the State Penal Code.

If you believe the CHP is just a TRAFFIC agency, commit another violation of law in their presence. The word "TRAFFIC" was removed from their badge. Highway safety is just a part of their duties since the merger of the Highway Patrol and State Police in 1995.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4484 users online. 227 members and 4257 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X