Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you call a police officer with an IQ of 50.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you call a police officer with an IQ of 50.

Sergeant or sir

Am I supposed to be laughing??
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
      He's just poking fun at how they tend to ummm...change when they become brass...I think he's onto something .

Comment

Sorry, he didn't realize there was a Sergeant here. Next time he'll use smaller words.

Comment

Nope, Sense of humor goes with common sense during the frontal lobotomy.

Lighten up hero. Once we take charge they all think they know more than we do, but without guys like us, the PD wouldnt run, no work would get done and everyone would take 2 hour lunch breaks.

The best part, down deep inside they all want to be just like me.
          It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Traffic_82
            He's just poking fun at how they tend to ummm...change when they become brass...I think he's onto something .
            You must be talking about that magic pill Sam takes after he/she's promoted, that changes him/her from a dumb arse one day, to the knower of all things LE, the next...truly amazing technology
            "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

You are truly a very hurtful bunch. I probably wont sleep tonight because of your scathing opinions of those with stripes.
              Just remember............. There are good & perceived bad at all levels.
              Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
              Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer
                You are truly a very hurtful bunch. I probably wont sleep tonight because of your scathing opinions of those with stripes.
                Just remember............. There are good & perceived bad at all levels.
                on your next shift just through out some letters of reprimand and you'll feel better, believe me

Comment

I ,for one, never go near a man's jacket unless a crime is involved.
                  And I also think my Boss is a buffoon ...... so I suspect the view is pretty much the same when looking up.
                  Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

I guess now that I think about there are a couple in my dept that could roll into that category. Not that I'm losing any sleep over this..
                    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

A Proposed Theory on Collar Brass, Reduction of Brain Function, and DSM Classification
                      Copyright Wile E. Coyote (in itself a violation of copyrights)

*Disclaimer: This is an attempt at humor, however poor it may be. This is not meant to disparage anyone with true mental disorders. The author is not a licensed psychologist, nor has he ever portrayed one on television.*

Sergeant:
                      Upon pinning on chevrons to the collar, the jugular vein is pinched, such that blood entering the brain via the carotid artery in unable to return. This condition is known as "New Sergeant's Disease."

Effects meet the diagnostic criteria for Vascular Dementia (290.40 Uncomplicated)
                      (1) memory impairment (impaired ability to learn new information or to recall previously learned information)
                      (2)(b) apraxia (impaired ability to carry out motor activities despite intact motor function)

Translation: Doesn’t remember that he/she was an officer the day before, can’t get off their butt, and generally act like an ***.

Lieutenant:
                      In addition to the damage previously imposed by sergeant chevrons, the single collar bar of a lieutenant applies general pressure to the carotid artery, reducing blood flow to the brain. The wearer’s head shrinks to a size below that when an officer, adding to a sense of inferiority.

The effects include additional criteria for Vascular Dementia:
                      (2)(a) aphasia (language disturbance)
                      (2)(d) disturbance in executive functioning (i.e., planning, organizing, sequencing, abstracting)

Additionally, symptoms begin to appear for Adjustment Disorder with Mixed Disturbance of Emotions and Conduct (309.4) that include subtypes of:
                      309.24 with anxiety (nervousness, worry, or jitteriness)
                      309.3 with disturbance of conduct (violation of the rights of others or of major age-appropriate societal rules and norms)
                      309.9 unspecified (including social withdrawal or work or academic inhibition)

Translation: Every fourth word is “policy” interspersed with “complaints” and “discipline.” The concept of the patrol function and its inherent dangers and natural reactions of officers is permanently lost.

Captain:
                      The twin collar bar is heavier, applying more pressure to the artery with only a narrow gap in between and further reducing cognitive functions. It is at this point that Personality Disorders (301.xx) manifest. The general diagnostic criteria include:

A. An enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the individual’s culture.
                      (1) cognition (ways of perceiving and interpreting self, other people, and events)
                      (2) affectivity (the range, intensity, and appropriateness of emotional response)
                      (3) interpersonal functioning

(C) The enduring pattern leads to clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

More specifically, the Captain shows signs of the following:

Paranoid Personality Disorder (301.0)
                      (A)(1) Suspects without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting harming, or deceiving him or her
                      (2) is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
                      (4) reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
                      (5) persistently bears grudges, i.e. is unforgiving of insults, injury or slights

Translation: Doesn’t get it anymore and takes it out on anyone who tries to bring him/her back to reality.

Chief/Sheriff:
                      The width of the eagle on the collar covers the entire carotid artery, preventing any blood flow to the brain and all reasonable processing stops.

Applicable disorders are as follows:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (301.81)
                      (A)(1) A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy
                      (2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance
                      (3) believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions
                      (4) requires excessive admiration
                      (5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
                      (6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
                      (7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings or needs of others
                      (8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
                      (9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders:
                      Schizophrenia Paranoid Type (295.30)
                      Delusional Disorder (297.1)

Translation: Avoid at all costs. Contact results in unbearable assignments or banishment, career dead-ends, sale of your soul to the media, and/or any other type of hell imaginable.
                      Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 03-14-2007, 04:44 PM. Reason: Initial research was presented by someone else here, I just ran with it. After all, it ain't plagiarism if you credit a source.

Comment

Excellent spelling ! You are to be envied.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer
                          Excellent spelling ! You are to be envied.
                          Its purty eezee if ur copyng strait frum a buk.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7489 users online. 372 members and 7117 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X