Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many foot pursuits/car chase you been in?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a cop for about 5.5 years. I've been in about 5 vehicle pursuits and enough foot pursuits that I don't remember them all. Foot pursuits at my department/city aren't quite as I was expecting them to be. I've had less than 10 "solo tackles." It's usually more of a team effort. Chase the guy til he ducks into some woods or something and meanwhile the other units in the area set up a perimeter. Then wait for Air support and K9. It's a beautiful thing when it all comes together like that.

My funniest foot pursuit was a transgender prostitute (I was told that I should not have said "crossdresser" on the radio). I had no backup, and he/she lost me in some woods. He was wearing a mini skirt, but he hiked it up as he was running and I remember seeing cheeks flappin' in the breeze as he gained more and more distance on me. Of course, the rest of my shift teased me mercilessly until 2 weeks later two more of my shiftmates chased him and confirmed that guy/gal is Usain Bolt in a skirt. We caught him that night after setting a perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by allen_gamble View Post

Awesome reference!! I was reading it at face value until the 2nd to last sentence, and then the theme song suddenly came on in my head.

Still my all-time favorite.

Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11094 users online. 459 members and 10635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X