300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbump View Post
    I've been a cop 16 months, been in two shootings, two vehicle pursuits, and been shot in the abdomen. Have done three felony take downs this month alone. I was off all of January and February of this year due to the gsw and still have 45 arrests.
    So to answer your question, seems like it's quite often. Stressing my wife out. Lol!

Lots of the boring stuff too. And luckily haven't seen any dead children.
    Tough neighborhood! Stay safe!
    Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Reno 911 is more like my daily job... or Brooklyn 99
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      MD DPSCS (Correctional Officer I)
      Civil Service Exam (9/23):
      Baltimore County Corrections (Officer I)
      Civil Service Exam (10/07):

Comment

Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
        how often is your job like the TV show "COPS"
        Prior to my retirement I went on a ride along with a relative employed by a large So. Ca. department.
        IMO his job was exactly like the TV show “COPS”. He worked 22 minutes with 3 breaks totaling 8 minutes and never wrote a report.

Comment

• bpd303
          bpd303 commented
          Editing a comment
          You could have ridden along with me...

Bpd LMAO,,,,, can't "like" a comment....I owe you one...

Comment

Originally posted by Dedede123 View Post

Small but noticable things. Trying to get a guy out a trunk of a car in a small garage, is a great example. They stand on both sides, wrestle him out, guns on both sides (easy for friendly fire). And what if he had a gun in the trunk? Why not OPEN the garage door, get some distance? Running room? Make him come to you. ... It's easy for us to watch it and nitpick.
          Guess you haven't ever had to extract someone from a hiding spot... Wait! Did these cops have Associates or Bachelor Degrees? Maybe just HS diplomas. According to you, it's an issue.

But then again, I doubt you've really done much in your police career...
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Guess you haven't ever had to extract someone from a hiding spot... Wait! Did these cops have Associates or Bachelor Degrees? Maybe just HS diplomas. According to you, it's an issue.

But then again, I doubt you've really done much in your police career...
            Proof that Copblock isn't the only one with keyboard warriors. This job has obviously taken its toll on you. You seem to have no respect for yourself, so it's no wonder you have no respect for your brothers & sisters.

You are a wonderful reminder, CCCSD, as to what the profession can do to those who are not mentally tough enough to handle the stress of this job. I hope I never become like you.

Comment

Greatest COPS moment lately: wrestling a fat, drunk, white trash woman. She had about six cats in her house...had huge tufts of cat hair all over my uniform (probably bed bugs too). Double washed it when I got home that morning.

Comment

Proof that Copblock isn't the only one with keyboard warriors. This job has obviously taken its toll on you. You seem to have no respect for yourself, so it's no wonder you have no respect for your brothers & sisters.

You are a wonderful reminder, CCCSD, as to what the profession can do to those who are not mentally tough enough to handle the stress of this job. I hope I never become like you.
                Pretty disrespectful from someone who has yet to serve a single day in a police uniform. I also enjoyed your insightful critique of the officers removing someone from the trunk of a car, pointing out the potential crossfire danger. How many times have you done that? According to your post in a different thread, the answer would be 'never'.

04-19-2017, 08:22 AM
                Thanks everyone for your input. I graduate in December, so right now I'm looking for work (in law enforcement). I also applied to a masters program (psychology/business/HR related).
                Yet somehow, you feel qualified to respond to a post in "Ask A Cop". You don't even know how much you don't know. You haven't even begun.

CCCD points out that you haven't done anything and are therefore unqualified to comment, yet you feel justified in lashing out at him. If you're not mentally tough enough to take his comments at face value without getting butthurt, maybe it's YOU that can't handle the stress of the job. While he may be caustic at times, he's one of us. You aren't. You haven't the first clue what mental toughness in this job means. You have no business claiming CCCD lacks it.

Be careful how you tread. You never know... one of us might be your FTO one day. With the attitude you've displayed here, you wouldn't last a week with me.

Comment

Well I am a cop, and I can say without a doubt that cccsd is the biggest ******* on this site. I've never seen a response from him that was actually helpful and I've seen multiple that had wrong information.
                  After I answered a question correctly for someone one day, cccsd pulled the "you're not sworn" bull**** on me, saying I'm not qualified to answer. When I called him on it...crickets.

I dont understand why you'd spend so much time on a forum that so obviously makes you want to stroke out.

With all that said, don't answer threads in ask a cop if you're not a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by cbump View Post
                    Well I am a cop, and I can say without a doubt that cccsd is the biggest ******* on this site. I've never seen a response from him that was actually helpful and I've seen multiple that had wrong information.
                    After I answered a question correctly for someone one day, cccsd pulled the "you're not sworn" bull**** on me, saying I'm not qualified to answer. When I called him on it...crickets.
                    Interesting. I did state that from what I've read of his posts, he is caustic, but haven't seen the kind of self-admitted "Not A Cop" post that DeDe provided.

I'll have to withhold judgement for now. O.com has long had a reputation for having posers. Without a serious vetting process for claimants to provide real-deal creds, you're going to get that. A vetting process is a lot of work... and for what?

I dont understand why you'd spend so much time on a forum that so obviously makes you want to stroke out.
                    If that was directed at me... I really don't. I've got what... 7 posts now?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post

Interesting. I did state that from what I've read of his posts, he is caustic, but haven't seen the kind of self-admitted "Not A Cop" post that DeDe provided.

I'll have to withhold judgement for now. O.com has long had a reputation for having posers. Without a serious vetting process for claimants to provide real-deal creds, you're going to get that. A vetting process is a lot of work... and for what?

If that was directed at me... I really don't. I've got what... 7 posts now?
                      Nah, the last part was still directed at CCCSD.

Comment

so on average how many 911 calls do you respond to?

is there a limit to how long you can stay at a call?

Comment

Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post

so on average how many 911 calls do you respond to?

is there a limit to how long you can stay at a call?
                          I've never heard of an agency putting a time limit on staying on a call. I do know of agencies wanting officers to clear calls as quickly as possible so they'll be free to attend to other calls, but never heard of a specific time limit.

Imagine how messed up this could turn out. Officers respond to domestic. One party has another party with a knife to their throat. Officers arrive on scene and attempt to reason with the party holding the knife. After several minutes of talking time runs out. Officers then proceed to leave and advise parties to call 911 again if they need assistance. :-O
                          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post

I've never heard of an agency putting a time limit on staying on a call. I do know of agencies wanting officers to clear calls as quickly as possible so they'll be free to attend to other calls, but never heard of a specific time limit.

Imagine how messed up this could turn out. Officers respond to domestic. One party has another party with a knife to their throat. Officers arrive on scene and attempt to reason with the party holding the knife. After several minutes of talking time runs out. Officers then proceed to leave and advise parties to call 911 again if they need assistance. :-O
                            Yeah, I remember a few times when dispatch asking if I can clear a minor call. When I did, they immediately gave me a hot call. I don't remember specifics other than they were violent felonies in progress.

Comment

Remember one, back in the 80's (remember they were driving box Chevys), where a guy tried to hide in a garage, let the K-9 loose on him, K-9 dragging him out, biting the crap out of him, and a copper cracks the guy with the nightstick......Ah, the good, old days....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13294 users online. 512 members and 12782 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X