Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I still become a law enforcement officer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ando12 View Post
    Hey guys! just want to know your opinion about something. I am in the last and final stage for an agency, waiting on a chiefs approval. I am specifically worried about my arrest in 2015. MY step dad and mom got into an argument and a physical fight. I was visiting, and once i saw that i intervened, punching my step dad in the mouth. He called the police on me, he pressed charges on me and my mom pressed charges on him. Both charges were dropped and we have all moved on from the incident.
    Wondering what are my chances in your opinion.
    Also had a speeding ticket in 2010-11.
    DV arrest is very bad. The state pursues prosecution. Not the victim after they change their mind. It can be explained, you were defending your Mom. But it will never go away. Also, how old were you when this occurred? How long ago? All you can do is explain the situation and go from there. It will be in your criminal history.
    Good luck to you.

AND WHAT IS WITH ALL OF THESE PEOPLE RESURRECTING THESE YEARS OLD THREADS?! START A NEW ONE.

Comment

• Ando12
      Ando12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by Ando12; 11-12-2019, 02:16 PM.

Well, it sounds like you're still in the process. I respect your having defended your Mom. Hopefully the Chief will see it that way as well. DVs can be tricky. Stepfather, whether you were living there etc. I would absolutely have reacted the same way if it were my Mother.

Comment

I would DQ you.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
        I would DQ you.
        Lol thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist1 View Post
          Well, it sounds like you're still in the process. I respect your having defended your Mom. Hopefully the Chief will see it that way as well. DVs can be tricky. Stepfather, whether you were living there etc. I would absolutely have reacted the same way if it were my Mother.
          Yeah it’s overall a bad situation. And they have my step fathers statement and moms statement when they contacted them last month. I was just wondering if people with similar situations been hired before. But thanks for your reply.

Comment

You’ll be DQed for life in the National Hiring Database for necroposting.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8116 users online. 427 members and 7689 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X