300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Law Enforcement Stickers

I had this question stuck in my head since day one, but felt it was too stupid to ask. But now, It's driving my crazy and I have to go ahead and let it out.

You clock someone going 10-15mph over SL and decide to pull them over to figure out just what in the hell are they doing, and why in the hell they need to get there so fast.

You get get out of your vehicle and see that they have multiple "Support Law Enforcement" stickers on the plates, and windshields.

Do you change the way you act to the person ? Would you let them off because of the stickers ?

Reason be, I witness numerous amounts of traffic violations and the occur constantly on heavy traffic streets, and usually 6/10 cars that come by have those stickers. The popular choice, the Support LEO License plate.

Do you ignore the art and treat it as a routine traffic stop?
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Around here we call all those stickers "Good Guy Camoflague". The more stickers, the more likely you'll find something interesting in the car.
    Originally posted by kontemplerande
    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936
      Around here we call all those stickers "Good Guy Camoflague". The more stickers, the more likely you'll find something interesting in the car.
      Right on, I knew I was not the only one that thinks they get a free "let go" ticket.

Comment

The real good guys rarely put all those stickers on their cars.

I've found two types that really have those things. Older people who contribute lots of money to those organizations and are proud of the fact, and people trying to avoid being pulled over.
        Sheriff: We just take turns being the sheriff. It's real easy. You just hang out here, eat some pie, and get drunk.
        Peter Griffin: Wait. Hold on a second. "Pie," "drunk," "the?" You got yourself a sheriff!

Comment

Those stickers don't concern me. If I am going to write them, then I will. The one that bothers me is the blue line sticker. When it first came out, only law enforcement was able to obtain it. Then everyone and their sister started making them. Now when I stop someone with this sticker, if the driver is not a LEO or the spouse of a LEO, then they're definitely getting a ticket and firm advice to remove the sticker.
          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

If they support law enforcement, then they won't have a problem with me enforcing the law they just violated.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Hell, you guys really do "keep it real".

I just thought motorists that had those stickers had no conflicts with LEOs and had a better chance at avoiding traffic citations.

Apprecaite the responses received. Who ever said "you cant hide from the law", was right.

Comment

What about the people who drive around with the fire stickers/symbol? They think they're immune to police.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific_coaster
                  What about the people who drive around with the fire stickers/symbol? They think they're immune to police.
                  EXCATLY! Hell, this mornin I witnessed one with that fireman sticker on his truck get citated. the LEO had his pad out and was sitting behind the truck, so I knew he was going to leave with a nice gift receipt from the LEO.

Comment

Funny story:

Last night i went out with one of our K9 officers, who has a tracking dog and an explosive dog (man those bloodhounds stink to high heaven). Anyways, we were just riding around and running plates, and we came across this beat up truck with the "thin blue line" sticker on the bumper. The officer i was with said most people who have those are trying to cover something up, so we ran his tag, and sure enough, 2 outstanding warrants! They were labeled as "no extradition" b/c they were down in FL so there was nothing he could really do; but the looser i am, the first thing that popped up in my head was the officer.com forum about the law enforcement support stickers and how i had to post up that story, haha. hope this helps prove the point.

Comment

for those that don't cite LEO spouses, how do you confirm this? just curious. LEO business card? do you call the agency? or is it the honor code. how about LEO kids?

Comment

Originally posted by ask80
                        for those that don't cite LEO spouses, how do you confirm this? just curious. LEO business card? do you call the agency? or is it the honor code. how about LEO kids?

"I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Add!

Just recently,

I spotted a 2004 Crown Victoria, with police style bumper, spotlight and window tinting at a red light. I noticed he had (In the state of FL, I dont know if its the same around other states) the Yellow "support kids, or life" license plate on his car.

He slowed down, pulled up behind me, and made it look like my plate was being looked at by a real LEO. Gave him a quick break check to get him off my *** (I understand that was wrong of me) and he flashed his headlights on brights, and took a turn onto another street.

Isnt that Impersonation? I wrote down the plate number and passed it on to a LEO I knew that worked for the city.

This is annoying the hell out of me.
                          >> People with the blue line on thier license plates, when you recgonize the face, and know there is not a trace of LEO in thier family
                          >> People walking around with professional clothing, tucked in "Police Shirts", and fail to carry a badge or off duty weapon
                          >> Support Law Enoforment stickers on a car you know deals crack on the dirtiest street in the city
                          >> Crown Victorias riding your ***

When the hell does it stop? I mean wow, 40$ gets you CJBAT testing, free PAT, and a chance to go to the academy. Do we really need to impersonate?

... Call me when it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by WadsonF
                            Just recently,

I spotted a 2004 Crown Victoria, with police style bumper, spotlight and window tinting at a red light. I noticed he had (In the state of FL, I dont know if its the same around other states) the Yellow "support kids, or life" license plate on his car.

He slowed down, pulled up behind me, and made it look like my plate was being looked at by a real LEO. Gave him a quick break check to get him off my *** (I understand that was wrong of me) and he flashed his headlights on brights, and took a turn onto another street.

Isnt that Impersonation? I wrote down the plate number and passed it on to a LEO I knew that worked for the city.

This is annoying the hell out of me.
                            >> People with the blue line on thier license plates, when you recgonize the face, and know there is not a trace of LEO in thier family
                            >> People walking around with professional clothing, tucked in "Police Shirts", and fail to carry a badge or off duty weapon
                            >> Support Law Enoforment stickers on a car you know deals crack on the dirtiest street in the city
                            >> Crown Victorias riding your ***

When the hell does it stop? I mean wow, 40$ gets you CJBAT testing, free PAT, and a chance to go to the academy. Do we really need to impersonate?

... Call me when it's over.
                            How would a crown vic riding your *** be considered impersonation? Ever think it was an unmarked unit with a plain clothes officer? Really doesn't matter, that car didn't attempt to stop you or exercise any law enforcement authority, whether legally or illegally. Annoying, yes I very sure it was, but to answer your question, no, thats not impersonation.

Comment

In my experience, it doesn't really matter what stickers or plate covers are on the car. I make my decisions based on many factors during a stop. I will point out though that every officer I work with and including myself do not have any police association stickers or FOP stickers on our vehicles- same goes for our spouses. There is no way I would want to outwardly identify myself or my wife as a cop.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4118 users online. 264 members and 3854 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X