300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off-Roading incident

It was around 5pm and we were following these kids i didnt know and they were going to do some 4 wheeling at this field that no one knows who owns. Kids go there all the time to do illicit things. Well im following him and hes just drivng in the field testing out the snow and i followed him out to see this suv blocking the road out. The guy came up to them and wrote down their licence plate and told them they had to wait becuase the cops were on their way. Anyways they hitailed it out, and the guy walked up to my car and blocked me from going becuase i wasnt going to hit him, well he came up to my windshield and i wasnt about to open it, i was scared to tell you the truth and he got mad and started banging hard on my windshield like he was going to break it, i think he tried my door handle too, but it was locked, and he kicked my car, and then when i pressed the gas he grabbed my rear view mirror and pushed it all the way forward, so i got out of there, missed his car when i went around it by 8 inches. I got out and the other kids called to tell me that the cops came to their house and were saying the other guy said that his car was hit and they asked them who we were becuase they said there was another car. So far no cops have come my way, and my rear view mirror retracks backwards, so with enough force i fixed it but its still a little messed up in it goes forward too much when i try it electronically, he messed up the gears. I know it wasnt in my place to follow the other guys, but was it his right to assualt me, aggrevate me, and false imprisionate me?
    Last edited by sin0822; 02-15-2007, 03:48 PM.

Originally posted by sin0822
    ....but was it his right to assualt me, aggrevate me, and false imprisionate me?
    If you were trespassing on his property, it sounds like he was attempting to make a citizen's arrest, which is legal in most states.

Let's try it this way, was it right for you to trespass on his property and aggravate him?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

well it turns out it wasnt his property and i wasnt agrevating him. I think he got my tags he is just afriad to report me hopeing the other kids did the so called damage becuase he damaged my car.

And i live in virginia do u know if its legal there?

How would htat aggrevate him its not liek we did any damage to the land there was 4 inches of ice/snow.

Comment

Stay out of people's fields and you won't have to worry about it. You won't catch any sympathy from here because you and "the other kids you happened to be following" were goofing off and got caught.

#1 - How did he assault you? doesn't sound like to me you were in any threat at all because you locked yourself in your car

#2 - "Aggravating" someone is not a crime

#3 - False imprisonment doesn't apply when someone is holding you for law enforcement when you're TRESPASSING.
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

assualt? he banged really hard to the point i thought the windshield would break, remember assualt is almost like instilling fear of a threat. The road is public he blocked. And i foudn out its public land, and i went by again and no cops came. he just wanted our plates. The cops had better things to do like save people. We didnt even damage the field.

Comment

In a situation like this, assuming the original poster was on public land, if the guy is banging on the window and it doesn't break, but he takes off and accidently runs the guy over. Would he the guy who got ran over be able to press any charges? Would the guy driving have done anything wrong?

One time I was working at a dealership and the car was infront of the garage door so I opened up the garage door and went to drive out of the garage. Someone hit the garage shut button on the other side of the shop because they had just walked into the garage and couldn't see that I was driving out because a vehicle was in the way. I stalled it and I was right underneath the garage door, I panicked because I didn't want anything to happen to the car and I ended up scraping the side of the car while trying to hurry out. I didn't have to pay for the damages to the car, the dealership covered them. But in a situation like this where someone panicks and they accidently run someone over, what happens to the person driving? At what point does it turn illegal?

Comment

dont forget the guy did damage my car when he tried to break off the side mirror. thats 1400 dollars repair.

Comment

Virginia limits citizens arrests to felonies, and tresspassing isnt a felony.

Comment

NOT an Leo.

sin0822 Virginia limits citizens arrests to felonies, and tresspassing isnt a felony.
                  Smart kid, you know your law that's for sure, you should sue his *** for messing with your car while you were in public property and you weren't even four wheeling on the snow.

In Canada a citizen can only arrest for an indictable offense not a summary offense; just like you mentioned for the states; he had no right to stop you.
                  Bushum
                  I’m not afraid or ashamed to say that I would never vote for a non-white man for president.
                  Pathetic, real pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_correct1
                    NOT an Leo.

Smart kid, you know your law that's for sure, you should sue his *** for messing with your car while you were in public property and you weren't even four wheeling on the snow.

In Canada a citizen can only arrest for an indictable offense not a summary offense; just like you mentioned for the states; he had no right to stop you.
                    He isn't a smart kid... and he doesn't know the law.

If this was Canada, he could have faced numerous charges possible ranging from Mischief (if the car was in any way damaging the field), which is a hybrid offence and would have intitled the old guy to make a lawful citizens arrest, to possibly even escape lawful custody.

Also, if he was disturbing the old guys lawful enjoyment of his own property he'd been justified in arresting him and holding him for the police.

Mischief Sec 430. (1)(c) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property;

Also if the old guy was also able to articulate that he was in fear of being hit by the car, or if the mirror hit him in anyway, the kid could also have been charged with assault with a weapon, which I would assume is a felony.

The fact remains, that some "owns" that property, it's not "public" and he had no right to be on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_correct1
                      NOT an Leo.

#1 - You don't have a CLUE

#2 - If you're not a LEO, then you should be banned from this site for posting here. Read the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by sin0822
                        assualt? he banged really hard to the point i thought the windshield would break, remember assualt is almost like instilling fear of a threat. The road is public he blocked. And i foudn out its public land, and i went by again and no cops came. he just wanted our plates. The cops had better things to do like save people. We didnt even damage the field.
                        That's right, we do have better things to do then mess with kids who are jacking around in a field for no reason. Stay out of fields (private or public) and find something more constructive to do with your time; and stop wasting ours.

Comment

ok, even i knew that post was off and im not going to do anything, as far as im concerned there is no visible damage to my car that he caused, just some machanical damage that i could proabbaly fix. I wont go 4-wheeling in the snow.

Also i dont live in canada, do we even have mischief laws in the states?

Also he wasnt old, we has out in a T-Shirt really hyped up liek he was on drugs.

On another note ppl around here are crazy, my friend in his car before us sped really fast down this nieghborhood, and i followed him and i dont speed there becuase i know a cop lives in one of the houses, so i went slowly and some guy stopped in the middle of the road and started banging on my windshield like he was going to break it, this guy was about 50 and walking his dog and i was going slow. I had no idea why he did it, until my friend said he almost ran that dude over, but seriously im thinking about carrying some mace or somthign becuase we have too many CIA freaks around this area who think their little standing job at the CIA can get them out of trouble, but i come from the other side of town, the more affluent side. Some people have tons of ego around here, no one in my neighborhood would do any of those two.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
                            #1 - You don't have a CLUE

#2 - If you're not a LEO, then you should be banned from this site for posting here. Read the rules.
                            #3 His "know it all" attitude is what makes LEOs leave officer.com

Comment

If you two had read the posts properly instead of jumping to conclusions you would have noticed how I wrote if he was on public property. Public not private. And he wasen't making any donuts on the field at all it was those other fellas. learn how to read before you start jumping to conclusions.
                              Bushum
                              I’m not afraid or ashamed to say that I would never vote for a non-white man for president.
                              Pathetic, real pathetic.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11959 users online. 468 members and 11491 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X