Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed Carry laws. BS?

Good afternoon guys!

I'm a Charles County Maryland resident and I was wondering if it is possible to attain a concealed carry permit in maryland. I know that they have the concealed carry laws, but I hear from many people that they're really just available to retired police officers and security persons who carry large amounts of cash often. Am I wrong? Or is it almost impossible to get a CC permit in MD?

Originally posted by The Count
    Good afternoon guys!

I'm a Charles County Maryland resident and I was wondering if it is possible to attain a concealed carry permit in maryland. I know that they have the concealed carry laws, but I hear from many people that they're really just available to retired police officers and security persons who carry large amounts of cash often. Am I wrong? Or is it almost impossible to get a CC permit in MD?
    Basically! From my understanding you have to have a authorized organization sponsor you or you have to need one for work purposes (security, P.I., doctor, lawyer etc.) Its even tougher in D.C.
    "Damned if you do and damned if you dont"

Comment

What do you mean an organization sponser you? Like the NRA?

Comment

packing.org has all the states ccw information.
        Nemo me impune lacessit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Count
          Good afternoon guys!

Yes it is very difficult to obtain a CCW in Maryland. Go to http://www.mdsp.org/, scroll down to Firearms/Permits. Most security guards, even correctional officers can not obtain a CCW. Lawyers, Judges, Business owners who deposit money are usually the ones to obtain a CCW.
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Yikes. Move to Free AZ, lots of room.

Comment

Move to Vermont or Alaska. Lots of room, and no CCW needed.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
              8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I moved out here to AZ from NJ and was really shocked at the "open carry" many people practice here. But why? Thats the way America is supposed to be. In NJ, only off duty cops and criminal thugs carry guns. Civilians are "easy prey" because criminals know they're almost always unarmed. There is absolutely no reason why a LAW-ABIDING citizen should be prohibited from carrying a firearm for the protection of himself and his family.
                As a CO here in Arizona, I am permitted to carry a concealed weapon, and I always do.
                "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. "
                -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by AZCO
                  Civilians are "easy prey" because criminals know they're almost always unarmed. There is absolutely no reason why a LAW-ABIDING citizen should be prohibited from carrying a firearm for the protection of himself and his family.
                  The voice of reason. Why can't the liberals understand that?
                  Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

I certainly recognize the badge avatar, nice job, there.

Comment

Originally posted by detsarg
                      Why can't the liberals understand that?
                      I suspect they are either afraid of guns, or need a "socially acceptable" cause to crusade against.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                      8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i
                        I suspect they are either afraid of guns, or need a "socially acceptable" cause to crusade against.
                        I believe that is part of it. Also, they have not, as individuals, been the victim of a violent crime. That usually changes someone's attitude.
                        Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

What about CA? How does one go about getting a CCW? Particularly in LA County?

Comment

Know somebody. Even Edward James Olmos got denied a CCW in LA County. Or, move here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reach_Ray
                              What about CA? How does one go about getting a CCW? Particularly in LA County?
                              There are about 1,300 permit holders in Los Angeles County. Many of them are judges, retired federal LEO's (pre-HR218), reserve officers, and some REAL connected folks. If you don't fit into these categories, the chance of getting issued a permit is so slim, it should be classified as "none". And although the number of permit holders might sound high, remember there almost ten million people residing in Los Angeles County. Then again, there are only ten CCW permit holders in all of San Francisco County...
                              Last edited by SoCalFed; 12-21-2006, 10:46 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6191 users online. 251 members and 5940 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X