Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any DSS agents on here?

I have a few questions if so

They used to train alongside us when I was teaching at the Academy - anything I can help you with??
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

yea i would also like to see some info other then what they provide on the site.

Comment

I have just been offered a position with them. Dont have an academy date at FLETC for the CITP yet. My goal is to be a special agent with DEA, ATF or Marhals. I have the poly and background left with DEA and am waiting for the Marshals and ATF to open up. My background is USMC Infantry Officer. The ques is, can you laterally move between these agencies if I become a special agent with DSS? Dont get me wrong DSS is a great job, but I ahve worked with DEA and ATF guys in Iraq and Afghan and they truly impressed me. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated. One more ques. Do DSS agents rate a G ride? Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by kks
          I have just been offered a position with them. Dont have an academy date at FLETC for the CITP yet. My goal is to be a special agent with DEA, ATF or Marhals. I have the poly and background left with DEA and am waiting for the Marshals and ATF to open up. My background is USMC Infantry Officer. The ques is, can you laterally move between these agencies if I become a special agent with DSS? Dont get me wrong DSS is a great job, but I ahve worked with DEA and ATF guys in Iraq and Afghan and they truly impressed me. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated. One more ques. Do DSS agents rate a G ride? Thanks guys
          congrats on getting that position.

Comment

Don't know about the G ride in the states, most of the guys I worked with were TDY to train foreign security folks at our academy. Some were between overseas assignments. Try calling DSS in DC, ask to talk to the duty agent, and try for some straight answers.
            I can see why DEA was in the sandbox, but ATF? What kind of work were they doing??
            Lateral moves are not uncommon in the G - we had laterals from every agency, including FBI and CIA into our gang.Most important is get your foot in the door, and get that retirement clock ticking.
            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
            John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by kks
              Hey kks how is the BEX exam? I might apply soon and was wondering whats the best way to prepare for the exam? Also how is the only test also, and need to do any preparations for that? I believe the DSS i just as good or better than DEA, ATF or marshalls, but that's just a subjective opinion as it all is. But God Bless. Would like the information on the BEX though, thanks.

Comment

check out 911jobforums.com -- there are probally a dozen dss guys on there
                Get low, get ground, get tactical! Sprawl! Sprawl! Sprawl!

Comment

Originally posted by kks
                  what were dea guys doing in iraq? also what is a g ride?

Comment

Dea guys were in Afghan. And the agents in Iraq were reservist that were called to active to duty.

Comment

The best way to stop dope from entering the US is at the source, thus DEA in Afganistan.

"G ride" = U.S. Gov. take home unmarked car. Only allowed for officers who must respond to work outside regular hours, not allowed for personal use (1st offense, 30 days off w/o pay up to termination!)
                      John Stuart Mill

Comment

SO what about the BEX exam (look at my post above)

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth
                          The best way to stop dope from entering the US is at the source, thus DEA in Afganistan.

"G ride" = U.S. Gov. take home unmarked car. Only allowed for officers who must respond to work outside regular hours, not allowed for personal use (1st offense, 30 days off w/o pay up to termination!)
                          thanks for the reply.

Comment

sleuth you a fed agent?

Comment

Also I would like to know why I can find the FP scale (foreign policy pay scale) thats goes through a DSS agents steps and ranks for salary. Thanks and God Bless.

Update:
                              Well since I can't delete posts. I found it here http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/30701.pdf

Sorry about that. God Bless
                              Last edited by HeavenSoldier; 10-22-2006, 03:28 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4076 users online. 240 members and 3836 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X