300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USSS Uniformed Div question

Are any USSS Uniformed Division officers assigned outside of Washington DC?

The reason I ask is because I could have sworn I saw a USSS UD car on my way to lunch today it had the badge on the drivers/passengers door with the "POLICE" in gold on each of the rear doors and the red/blue lightbar. Im just suprised since the only Feds I usually see here on Long Island are National Park Service and Bureau of Land Mgmt Park Rangers.

Normally only if the Prez is going to a site in the area. They run the screening points. What you may have seen was GSA Police, providing security for all Federal property, owned or leased.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

USSS Police Car in NY

If you recall the President visited the United Nations yesterday. The USSS patrol car could have been a K-9, a Protective Service UD officer, UD Patrol Supervisor finishing the debrief from the POTUS visit. (President Of The United States)

The car you described sounds like a USSS UD car. Federal Protective Service cars are white and blue, the newer ones have the old Coast Guard (orange/blue) stripe in the rear with Homeland Security printed in blue on it. You can't mistake that one!
      Last edited by SinCity007; 09-22-2006, 07:39 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Might have been an ICE car we see them a lot in the City.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
          Are any USSS Uniformed Division officers assigned outside of Washington DC?
          Kind of depends on your definition of "assigned." There are a couple of USSS Uniformed Services cops stationed near the President's ranch in Texas as permanent party, but just about everyone else is stationed in DC. Assignments can be anywhere in the world. My neighbor, who is a Uniformed Division officer, is in NYC now, having gone there for the Prez's visit to the UN. He's been all around the world on assignment, but his main post is and will continue to be the White House.
          Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees
            Kind of depends on your definition of "assigned." There are a couple of USSS Uniformed Services cops stationed near the President's ranch in Texas as permanent party, but just about everyone else is stationed in DC. Assignments can be anywhere in the world. My neighbor, who is a Uniformed Division officer, is in NYC now, having gone there for the Prez's visit to the UN. He's been all around the world on assignment, but his main post is and will continue to be the White House.

Sure thing, because you said so.

Comment

Thanks for the interesting replies guys. I have seen FPS before and I know it wasent them. After looking at pics of their vehicles on various websites im 100% positive it was USSS Uniformed Division.

It was just suprising considering im about an hour and a half from lower Manhattan and we dont really have an federal facilities around except the fed courthouse in Central Islip and a Federal office building in Melville.

Comment

UD also is involved in the protection of former Presidents - like the one that has an office in Harlem. They also provide protection for foreign embassys and certain (high ranking) foreign dignitaries. Some of them may no longer be in power, like the Prime Minister of Thiland, who was deposed while he was in the US.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4347 users online. 241 members and 4106 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X