300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to serve the country

As the title reads its correct Im going into the Marines but lifetime goal dream is to be Police Officer. School is getting to expensive since I have to pay out of my pocket I made some bad decisions back then. Im wondering if this will be the best move as far as getting my foot into the door of law enforcement. It was between Marines or Navy but Navy seems like they dont deal with as much as Marines do. Like learn to act under pressure discipline all that other good stuff. Right now Im working in Armored Trucks its a fun job I just bought a .45 "Springfield XD" and was working for my bachelors degreee but now Im at a point in my life where I have to make a huge decision serve the country as a Marine or continue struggling out here. Any answer will do forgive me of my grammatical errors Im really tired but appreciate your guys time thank you.l

Congrats!! Good luck, pay attention, and learn everything you can everyday, it will serve you well throughout the rest of your life.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Comment

I have had a few buddies come back from the middle east pretty messed up. I have had a few come back talking about making a difference ect ect. You need to do what you want to do. If you feel you can get by without enlisting I would go for that route. If you feel that enlisting would really benefit you think about it. Just keep in mind that this is a job, a job that you can not leave and could get you killed over something you may or may not believe in. If you go best of luck, stay safe. If you do not: no honor lost and somthing will come your way when you least expect it.

Comment

just my two cents...if you really want to serve your country many thanks to you and the men and women who risk their lives every day. I would exam all my options before I made one that you will not be able to leave like the other poster indicated. Do not do it just to get yourself out of a financial hardship, but because you want to do. You will learn that bills, problems and life's many challenges come and go, you just have to keep your faith and know it won't last forever. I'm 38 years old and just got hired for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept. So if I can do it as a single mother of two almost grown children you can do whatever you want if you make up your mind to do....Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by USofAcop
          Congrats!! Good luck, pay attention, and learn everything you can everyday, it will serve you well throughout the rest of your life.
          THANK YOU!!!!!
          I couldn't have said it better. I will add, while you are in, take the opportunity to educate yourself as much as you can.
          Thank you again.
          “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

I am going into the Marines in Oct. and I can tell you that it will not really help with financial problems yes they pay for college, I grew up in a military family and I can definitely tell you that you won't make much as a Marine,But what I like is the brotherhood, I am actually a Twin and its kind of funny but my brother is going in also. It is an honortable thing to do, and if you do decide to serve our country I thank you but if not we also need people back home to serve and protect, and I think you already know that as you are here on this site. either way it is still an honorable thing. One thing I was told for the military, any service, keep your word.
            Baltimore Police Dept

Written/PAT- 10/21/12-Pass
            Written Psych- 10/22/12- Pass
            BI Interview/Polygraph/Psyc - 12/5/12
            Physical -TBD

Comment

Jeez, what do you want- a metal?

Just kidding! You'll get a lot out of it. You may hate it, you may love it, but you'll never regret it. Good luck!
              You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

The contract

Get everything in writing, although i got everything i asked for when i went in in 2000. I met a lot of guys who didn't. Although i was a recruiters wet dream (went to the office on a tuesday and left in a week) i made sure i read, read, read and read some more before signing for four years.

No regrets, made tons of friends traveled and kicked some ***. All in all, it was a great run.

Comment

God bless you man. Nothing but respect for you. Serve your time and then come play with us out on the street. Be safe and thank you.....
                  That ol' thin line will always be mine.

Comment

I can tell you from experience what you learn in the Corps will help you in every facet of your life.

In law enforcement you will see that the discipline you learned in the Corps will keep you cool in many situations. It will also instill you with the "survivor mentality" to fight for your life and NEVER EVER give up.

The Corps is a choice that I have never regretted. I would still be active duty if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted a family. Infantry and family don't mix.

Semper Fidelis! Marine for Life.

On a side note my wife got mad at me because I told her awhile back that I was seriously considering deploying with out local reserve unit. She reminded me that I had already did my bid for corps and country and that I have a son who needs a daddy more than the Corps needs me.
                    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2724 users online. 202 members and 2522 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X