Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why in some areas such as key west the overhead lights are only blue?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why in some areas such as key west the overhead lights are only blue?

why in some areas such as key west the overhead lights are only blue?

Blue is for Law Enforcement. My car has a combination of Red and Blue.

Red in most places is for Fire, EMS. Although in New York, and the NYPD use ONLY red lights on their Police cruisers.

A Muni P.D. in our County uses ALL Blue lights on their cars.

It's whatevers clever, and you'll find alot of agencies besides Key West using only blue.
    "I'm the man who invented the wheel, and built the Eiffle Tower out of metal and brawn, that's what kind of man I am. You? You're just a women with a small brain." -Ron Burgundy

Comment

Each state has it's own laws on this. For example in California, all emergency vehicles must be equipped with no less than one steady burning red light visible to the front. Certain (but not all) police vehicles may have blue lights, while vehicles creating a hazard on the roadway (tow trucks, construction vehicles, street sweepers, etc.) are limited to amber.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

thanks for ur help

Comment

Originally posted by L-1
          Each state has it's own laws on this. For example in California, all emergency vehicles must be equipped with no less than one steady burning red light visible to the front.
          In New York state, police also use red (rather than blue) lights. Though many departments/agencies use red and blues.
          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

In Illinois it goes by population.
            Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
            Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
            For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
            'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

Originally posted by Squader01
              Blue is for Law Enforcement. My car has a combination of Red and Blue.

Red in most places is for Fire, EMS. Although in New York, and the NYPD use ONLY red lights on their Police cruisers.

A Muni P.D. in our County uses ALL Blue lights on their cars.

It's whatevers clever, and you'll find alot of agencies besides Key West using only blue.

Blue in NYS is for volunteer firemen

Virginia went to blue (or a combination of red and blue) back in about '85 or '86

The blue is more visible at night and the red is more visible in the day. I think the combination of the two is best

Comment

In VT police must have all blue while fire and ems must have all red by law.

Comment

In Florida, MOST local law enforcement agencies have a combo of blue and red. MOST sheriff's offices are blue only. Recently PBSO went back to blue and red for the safety reasons mentioned above. Also, FHP's new light bars allow the trooper to choose. I believe policy now states they will use red during the day and blue at night.
                  In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Originally posted by Huey County
                    In Illinois it goes by population.
                    Interesting, how does that work?

K9

Comment

TN, law enforcement is blue or a combination of blue/red, but blue MUST be in the picture. Fire/EMS is all red or red/white.

Must be visible from 360 degrees and audible siren must be activated anytime the lights are running (unless of course, they're parked).
                      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

SC runs all blue lights for law enforcement and all red lights for firefighters and ambulances, and all yellow for other emergency vehicles.
                        Dont walk behind me, I may not lead. Dont walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
                          TN, law enforcement is blue or a combination of blue/red, but blue MUST be in the picture. Fire/EMS is all red or red/white.

Must be visible from 360 degrees and audible siren must be activated anytime the lights are running (unless of course, they're parked).
                          Ditto for KY.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5182 users online. 330 members and 4852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X