300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this DQ me?

About a 16 months ago i was having chest pains after eating a large meal and drinking some alcohol. I love spicy food but sometimes it does upset my stomach. i went to see my doctor and he put me on the EKG and everything was normal. He did however prescribe me with anxiety medication for stress. I did not agree with this diagnosis and did not fill the prescription. i sure this is still on my medical records. i have not had any kind of chest pain since i cut back on the spicy foods. i hope this isnt something that could DQ me. I went back to this doc about 4 months after the initial visit because i had to have him sign off that i was physically able to take the physical police test for a department. Even so, I'm not sure if his initial diagnosis would be cause for DQ. I havent been back to him since and have had no other health problems. what do u guys think?

Last edited by 4 Turns; 07-07-2006, 09:11 AM.

Comment

yes. he signed off for me

Comment

The department will do full medical and pysch tests on you, if you're sound, you're sound. If not, then you will be DQ'd.

It will depend on the department. Shouldn't be too much of a hurdle, alot of officers have overcame alot more than that.
        "I'm the man who invented the wheel, and built the Eiffle Tower out of metal and brawn, that's what kind of man I am. You? You're just a women with a small brain." -Ron Burgundy

Comment

Shouldn't. Sounds like gas which has similar symptoms to heart attack. As Squader01 said, a full medical will be done, and all will be good.
          Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
          Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Turns
            Yes.
            Sorry, always wanted to do that. Did the Dr. sign off for you?
            Haha, I saw the yes and was thinking "what is this guy talking about?" Then I got to the bottom and found your post quite funny. Seriously.

Comment

Will this DQ me?

Based on what you posted, I don't think it will DQ you. In all probability, the department will send you to their Doctor. That's the one you have to satisfy.

Comment

Been there. Go to a doctor who is not a pill pusher. 20 to 1 odds that pain is an ulcer. It will not DQ you. just take good care of it or you will end up in the ER for bleeding.

Comment

If it is an ulcer Nexium is your friend.

Comment

The decision will not be made by a background investigator, who lacks the expertise and training to make sound medical judgements. Instead, it will be made by the department's doctor, who is a trained medical professional and is qualified to pass judgement in such matters. Because none of us here are doctors who are familiar with your condition, any yes or no responses should be taken with a grain of salt.

To give you a better understanding of the medical concerns regarding this condition, go to the below website for further information:

http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/pdf/Cardio.pdf
                    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

They can't access your medical records. Ever. Usually a department has a doctor of their own perform an evaluation that is sent to them, or as you said, you can have a doctor sign off on it. If your doctor signed off on it, then you should be okay.

Just be honest with your answers, but you don't have to volunteer everything, either.

And if one department doesn't hire you, another will. But I would get a second opinion and discuss alternative treatment for any health problems you may have- such as an excercise and diet program.

Because if you're out of shape, frankly, I don't want you as a cop.
                      You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8837 users online. 415 members and 8422 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X