300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How well does your Department pay?

Just wanting to get an idea of the pay across the country.

To start out with, the 70k cities around here start out at around $33-34k per year for a brand new officer. The Sheriff's Deputies in the surrounding counties are averaging between $26-28k per year and about $21k for corrections.

Deputy pays $3694 - $4958 after training. Riverside County, CA.
    Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
    Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Top step officer without a degree or POST certificate makes just under $71,000 a year or about $5874 a month.
      Last edited by Fuzz; 06-25-2006, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I've seen starting wages from 21k a year to 45k a year. It is largely affected by cost of living and location.

Comment

Arlington Tx (4 year degree)about 54000 a year starting,Dallas is like 34000 starting with a 10000 sign up bonus now. Most departments around here are around 40k a year
          Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

LASD after this new contract ends in 2 yrs will be a lil over 91k a year without bonuses ( i.e. longevity pay, f.t.o. pay, hazard pay, two striper pay, bilingual pay, etc.)

Comment

Man if I lived in CA I'd work at one of those departments, retire, then move somewhere cheaper :P.

The average in the Atlanta area is about $38k starting give/take.

Comment

Top step right now is $84,513 annually (Not including holiday, shift differential, and/or OT)...

$64,437 for entering the academy at step one...
                "Oro En Paz, Fierro En Guerra"
                "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
                - Attributed to both George Orwell and Winston Churchill (unsourced)
                Californian by birth, Cardinals fan by marriage!

Comment

Originally posted by RBrodowski
                  Man if I lived in CA I'd work at one of those departments, retire, then move somewhere cheaper :P.

The average in the Atlanta area is about $38k starting give/take.

Thats the plan for me.....when I have 20-25 years on the department, my house will be payed off, Ill sell it, retire with 75% of my pay and move out to a ranch somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Five-0fromSoCal
                    LASD after this new contract ends in 2 yrs will be a lil over 91k a year without bonuses ( i.e. longevity pay, f.t.o. pay, hazard pay, two striper pay, bilingual pay, etc.)
                    OK, now I'm really jealous...
                    Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
                    Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Deputies make 80K a year base. With the option of endless OT, some make 200K.
                      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Most of Northern NJ tops at $75k to $100k depending on the department. Some Bergen county departments are the highest paid in the state with patrolmen making more than some chiefs elsewhere. Bergen County Police have it in their contract that they must be the 2nd highest paid department in the county.

Sammy
                        If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
                        www.samanthafund.com

Comment

Originally posted by RBrodowski
                          Man if I lived in CA I'd work at one of those departments, retire, then move somewhere cheaper
                          A retired LAPD officer did just that about ten years ago. I was moving from a small town in Wisconsin to take another teaching job. He and his family showed up, looked at our house, and made a cash offer on the spot. He said he had his fill of LA, and wanted to raise his kids in a small town with good schools. Of course, being able to buy a 3000 square foot home on the river, with a huge garage and a separate heated and outfitted workshop for $65,000 was probably something of an incentive, too. Hated the town, but I loved that house.

By the way, a forum member in West Virginia posted a message last week to the effect that officers in his small town start at $17K per year.
                          Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

I live in Suffolk County NY,(100k) but will be apart of the nypd.(25,100) ::sigh::

Comment

$55K to $78K/yr without longevity or bonuses-then you add 2.75% at 10,15,20 yr seniority,plus 1% for int.POST and 2% for ADV POST,language and special assignement pay(FTOS,DETs,etc 5.5%),I'm at $82.5K before OT$$$,which usually pust me in the low $100Ks a yr,avg 108 to 110 last yr( and waiting for a new contract-10.25% for 2 yrs) still the cost of housing though........!
                              Last edited by DOAcop38; 06-27-2006, 08:12 PM.
                              "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5055 users online. 316 members and 4739 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X