300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy- How was it for you?

Any LEOs out there attend the basic police officer academy in Columbus Ohio?

I've been hired at a local PD and they insist on sending all new hires to this academy. I was wondering how scared I should be. I run a couple times a week 2-3 miles but have been trying to increase my workout frequency. I also do some bench, curl, and shoulder press a few times a week as well.

Everyone told me that my *** will be grass and I need to be scared. I'm not looking forward to living away from home for 128 days when I could attend a local academy and be around for the holidays. I've never been to a boot camp setting either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Maybe I put this in the wrong area. MODS- please move if so. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate around the forum...

Comment

Yes, the academy is tough. My academy in Vegas was high stress for 22 weeks, there was no mercy. When i look back (4 yrs) i feel it was one of the best experiences i could have ever endured. If i had to give advice, id say just do your best and never quit. Theres days where you'll ask yourself "what am i doing", but then youll realize that what your doing in the academy is a game. Play the game and you'll succeed. By the sounds of your workout program, your doing fine. Your gonna be doing alot of PT, during inspection,during class and during pt. Your gonna come out one in shape machine. Key words..do not give up. About academics, form study groups. They are one of the best things i could tell you. Also the academy instructors will see you all coming together as a group, which is a big priority in the academy "camaraderie". Just do your best and dont give up, youll be just fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3366 users online. 176 members and 3190 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X