300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers W. Firearms Across State Lines

Hey everyone. I had a question I really never followed up on awhile back. Here it is: Lets say I'm an officer in "State A" and I'm traveling to "State D", and I'm carrying a pistol, would that pose a problem even if I'm an officer in "State A"? I remember awhile back there were talks about allowing officers to travel across the U.S. while having their sidearms on their person.

I only bring this up because I'm planning on joining a county dept. soon and I've always thought, " I'd carry an off-duty with me all the time". It might sound alittle paranoid but I've heard and witnessed enough in my life to make that decision. I've also thought, " what about when I travel from state to state? would that pose a problem?".

So there you have it , gentlemen. Thanks for any answers you'd provide.

Google or search this site for "HR218" and it will answer all your questions...

Comment

Yes, HR218 allows us to carry concealed anywhere except federal monuments.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak
        Cannot carry on aircraft unless on official business w/proper documentation (or Federal LEO, FAM, etc). That hasn't changed.
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
          Cannot carry on aircraft unless on official business w/proper documentation (or Federal LEO, FAM, etc). That hasn't changed.
          Well yeah, that too.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak
            Hate to tell you but that is false. My buddy who works for a dept. in Alabama showed the folks at the Washington Monument his badge/ID last week and they let him in with a weapon.....

Comment

A Diaz,

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a couple of legal bulletins that explain the ins and outs of HR218.

L-1
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by PPDMO373
                Hate to tell you but that is false. My buddy who works for a dept. in Alabama showed the folks at the Washington Monument his badge/ID last week and they let him in with a weapon.....
                Federal facilities are still aloud to restrict the carrying of weapons on the property. It is different from facility to facility. They could have restricted off duty carry at a fedreal monument, but those not to in this case.
                "Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. " --Dwight K Schrute (The Office)

Comment

Originally posted by miked6
                  Federal facilities are still aloud to restrict the carrying of weapons on the property. It is different from facility to facility. They could have restricted off duty carry at a fedreal monument, but those not to in this case.
                  It seems like here in DC if you have a weapon on you and have a Badge/ID to go with it....no one jacks with you....

Everyone I talked to during PW this year said they had no issues at all when it came to going into places....other than the obvious places like Capitol/WH/USSC/DOJ/etc.....

Park Police guys told me that if you ever have a problem at a monument here....just ask for a uniformed LEO....and the problem will get taken care of and you can go on your way to whatever you want to do....

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I'm planning to take the Suffolk County P.D.(NY) exam coming this year. Hopefully I get a call back. If that doesn't go through, I might relocate to VA or Upstate NY and apply to a dept. there. Anyone know of any departments on the east coast that're hiring come the new year? Thanks again for all this information.

Comment

Originally posted by PPDMO373
                      I know, they usually do the right thing. The Smithsonian let me in too. However, under HR 218, they don't have to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7711 users online. 330 members and 7381 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X