300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gay inmate sharing cells? ok or no k?

Hi folks. It's been a long time since I've been here and I'm coming to you for assistance. This is my last criminal justice class at junior college and my last assignment. I have to write a 12 page scholarly report on why a gay inmate should be allowed to share a prison cell with another inmate. I've searched the web and libraries alike with very minimal results. I find plenty of reasons why they should not be allowed - but very little to support my paper. Please share your thoughts. I'm looking forward to this.
    Manda

This ought to be good...

Comment

Research papers baffle me. It's like "write a 30 page paper on why a blue pen is better then a black pen."

How much info can someone really write about something like that without repeating themself or disguising it in a different way.

Comment

type the whole report in 20 ft

Comment

Depends....
          1. Male: no
          2. Female: depends on how they look

Sorry I couldn't resist.
          The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
          Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'll put the popcorn on, do you guys take butter, or cheese? or a combination of the two?
            "I'm the man who invented the wheel, and built the Eiffle Tower out of metal and brawn, that's what kind of man I am. You? You're just a women with a small brain." -Ron Burgundy

Comment

How about this: It would enhance the punishment of the other inmate, while increasing the deterrent effect of incarceration in general. (Just expand on this concept for a few pages.)

Comment

Ugh, sometimes paper writing in college calls us to write a script if you will, something against what you or most people believe to be true or right. I had to write a paper once from the perspective of one who supports NAMBLA. It was very wierd and very difficult because at no point were we allowed to interject that the opinion was not our own.
                Anyway try going to a gay chat room and respectfully asking for advice or opinions clearly stating that this is a research paper to which you have little insight or information.
                Good luck.
                "What looks good from afar can be far from good."

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266
                  How about this: It would enhance the punishment of the other inmate, while increasing the deterrent effect of incarceration in general. (Just expand on this concept for a few pages.)
                  But you forgot this part of the equation:

1/λ = R (1/n12 + 1/n22)

You just never know....
                  The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
                  Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by notamispriss
                    . I have to write a 12 page scholarly report on why a gay inmate should be allowed to share a prison cell with another inmate. .
                    Okay, how's this.

There is already enough sex in most prisons so it shouldn't make a difference. The experts say the reason is one of showing power and dominance over others. The experts also say that the ones exerting said dominance aren't gay, just like men who have sex with little boys aren't gay- it's a power thing.

Liberals say we shouldn't treat gays any different than straights. So as far as their views go, it shouldn't be a problem.

Some Christians say homosexuality is a sin, so they believe gays should be locked up anyway.

The military says, "Don't ask/Don't tell", so if the prison authorities don't ask it'd be okay.

An independent poll of some LEOs I conducted came out with a 97% response to the "Who cares" choice on the poll.

There you go- expound on each of those and you can have an easy 20 pages.
                    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

One word - lawsuits. Stupid lawsuits and liberal judges have caused more hate and discontent inside the walls than anything else. 8Th Amendment challenges have been mounted over peanut butter, for crying out loud.
                      We do not now, nor can I imagine we would ever, classify inmates according to sexual preference. While the amount of prison rape is high, and consensual homosexual activity even higher, it does not overshadow such other classifiers as race, security threat group affiliation, crime, sex score,(referring to the crime), and mental score. Also, as homosexual activity tends to spread out across the races, it would cause further difficulty in housing inmates. Yes, we discriminate. A lot. They discriminate even harder.
                      We prosecute prison rape with street charges ever time we catch it. I have over 1100 inmates on my yard, and 30 staff - we can't be everywhere at once.
                      But to get back to the original posters question - would I house to openly gay inmates together, specifically because they are gay? Nope - I am not here to make his life easier, ever. The queens will get into a slapfight, and the next thing I know, we are being sued fpr cruel and unusual punishment, in him being put somewhere that we KNEW he would be raped. Then you move into diseases - what if one gay inmate is clean, but the other has Hep C and is HIV positive? Now, did I just set myself up for a HUGE lawsuit? Oh yeah.....
                      Loss of normal sexual activity is one of the punishments in prison, but we don't try to deliberately make it worse, that's NOT our job.

Comment

Paraphrasing from the movie 'Stir Crazy'.

Richard Pryor to Gene Wilder, 'Watch out, these guys may try to have b###f**K you."
                        Gene Wilder, No they won't. I am not homosexual"
                        Richard Pryor, "Neither are they, they will do it just to see the look on your face".
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
                        United States Army
                        5th Special Forces Group
                        Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
                        Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
                        Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

Only if one is named, BUBBA!!
                          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

With overcrowding an issue at most facilities, what choice do you have? House the "alternative lifestyle" inmates together, because if you put them in general population, they're going to get hurt, and the Dept. should be found liable. You can't put them in isolation, cruel and unusual.
                            Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
                            Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

WOOOHOOO
                              Thanks to ya'll. I got an A.
                              I took the leads you gave and pulled up supporting info on the web.
                              I appreciate it.

FNA209, I got a lot from....

There is already enough sex in most prisons so it shouldn't make a difference. The experts say the reason is one of showing power and dominance over others. The experts also say that the ones exerting said dominance aren't gay, just like men who have sex with little boys aren't gay- it's a power thing.

armoredman, I got a lot from...

We do not now, nor can I imagine we would ever, classify inmates according to sexual preference. While the amount of prison rape is high, and consensual homosexual activity even higher, it does not overshadow such other classifiers as race, security threat group affiliation, crime, sex score,(referring to the crime), and mental score. Also, as homosexual activity tends to spread out across the races, it would cause further difficulty in housing inmates. Yes, we discriminate. A lot. They discriminate even harder.
                              I and my gpa appreciate everyone's input.

-Manda
                              Manda

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2161 users online. 89 members and 2072 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X