Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"No RECORD NCIC" (what it means)?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "No RECORD NCIC" (what it means)?

    When dispatchers query a persons DL number, they usually say at the end "No wants...no warrants...No record NCIC"....Or is it MCIC??? I dont know...because they usually say it too fast to understand..

    Please shed some light on this please...Thanks

  • #2
    I am assuming that you are listening to a Police Scanner? It is NCIC. Thats all you need to know.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

    Comment


    • #3
      def listnin to a scanner lets just say it means no record ncic
      www.swornpigs.com
      ((Everybody's Got A Plan Until They Get Hit))

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes I do listenm to my local police via a scanner....

        If it is NCIC, what do they mean by "no record NCIC"?

        Comment


        • #5
          It's the same thing as saying "No wants/warrants", dunno why they would make the NCIC comment...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by andy29
            Yes I do listenm to my local police via a scanner....

            If it is NCIC, what do they mean by "no record NCIC"?
            I was going to try and be nice...it means what you typed...NO RECORD!!
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

            Comment


            • #7
              National Crime Information Center

              Its an acronym...like CJIS, CLETS, AFIS, SVS, AWS, etc
              Last edited by deputy x 2; 02-11-2006, 06:48 PM.
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by irishlad2nv
                I was going to try and be nice...it means what you typed...NO RECORD!!

                You got to him first!!
                www.swornpigs.com
                ((Everybody's Got A Plan Until They Get Hit))

                Comment


                • #9
                  LOL..I am on a roll today of people on here asking very annoying questions...lol..sorry long week! How's good ole' B-more..any snow yet?
                  "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by irishlad2nv
                    LOL..I am on a roll today of people on here asking very annoying questions...lol..sorry long week! How's good ole' B-more..any snow yet?
                    looks like a crackheads insides out there...we got a good 8 inches right now... fixed positions 2nite followed by 8 hours of sleep for patrol officers lol..for me im not gonna leave my office, ps2 it is!
                    www.swornpigs.com
                    ((Everybody's Got A Plan Until They Get Hit))

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by acebpd0304
                      looks like a crackheads insides out there...we got a good 8 inches right now... fixed positions 2nite followed by 8 hours of sleep for patrol officers lol..for me im not gonna leave my office, ps2 it is!
                      8 inches Isnt that what the ... cant say... We only have a god dusting in Steeler town. Maybe an inch now and a few over night. Nice to see someone else getting hammered. Bawlmer, Charm City. Havent been there since last year, I miss thjat place....WHY I dunno...
                      I got nothing for now

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        When running DL information on a subject (as on a traffic stop), they do not run a criminal history check through NCIC.

                        A criminal history check through NCIC has to be warranted and documented as to the reasoning for the check. Just running the driving history and a wants/warrants check will not tell the dispatcher the subject's criminal history.

                        It is typing something completely different when running a criminal history.
                        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SgtScott31
                          When running DL information on a subject (as on a traffic stop), they do not run a criminal history check through NCIC.

                          A criminal history check through NCIC has to be warranted and documented as to the reasoning for the check. Just running the driving history and a wants/warrants check will not tell the dispatcher the subject's criminal history.

                          It is typing something completely different when running a criminal history.
                          HOWEVER, based on my stop I may ask for a criminal history, OR it could be that departments version of saying there is nothing else in the system, like RO's, Officer Safety's, etc...????

                          Although I do appreciate my dispatch saying "Clear/Valid" and not tying up the air with "no wants, no warrants, no record NCIC".
                          When I'll be the girl that you love, you'll be the boy that I hate...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Some of you guys need to relax. What's the big deal with telling someone what NCIC stands for?
                            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

                            * "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

                            * Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

                            Comment

                            What's Going On

                            Collapse

                            There are currently 13100 users online. 527 members and 12573 guests.

                            Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                            Welcome Ad

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X