300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take home cars

I wanted to know how some officers felt about having take home cars from their departments.

Here is a translation of what I was thinking:

1. I like my take home car.
    2. I don't like my take home car.
    3. I don't care.
    4. I don't have the option of a take home car.
    My life would be incomplete without a take home car.
    72.00%
    Get this stupid piece of &!$# out of my drive-way!
    6.00%
    Don't really care either way.
    6.00%
    My department is so poor we only have 2 cars and one is so old it runs on steam.
    16.00%
    Last edited by nonickname69; 02-06-2006, 08:44 AM.

None of your categories fit my opinion. I get a take home car and I enjoy that benefit, but would my life be "incomplete without it?" No.

Comment

I know these are the extremes but I was also trying to be humorous about it too.
      Last edited by nonickname69; 02-06-2006, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2
        I know these are the extremes but I was also trying to be humorous about it too.
        In that case, I like my take home car.

Comment

I have a take home for SWAT, but our take home policy covers...

1) Supervisors
          2) Detectives
          3) Those that live within the city after 3 years
          4) Those that live within 10 miles of the city after 5 years
          5) SWAT, Crisis Negotioators, Forensic/Senior Evidence Techs, K-9

It's nice, and my neighbors like it, I save about $130 in gas per month with it and don't have to haul my crap in and out every shift. I lived without it for three years and it's a cherokee (miss my vic sometimes), but hey it's a nice benny so I'm not going to b!tch.
          "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Considering that at one time my take home car was a (siezed) 6.9 Liter 450 SEL Merceds Benz (with concealed siren & red lights), what is not to like?????
            "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
            John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth
              Considering that at one time my take home car was a (siezed) 6.9 Liter 450 SEL Merceds Benz (with concealed siren & red lights), what is not to like?????
              they would have to pry me out of the car or give me a huge raise to give that back lol

Comment

I was siezing illegally imported cars, so the Regional Director was in another 450 SEL I had siezed, and the SAC was in a Porsche 930 Turbo. These had all been forfeit to the Government. I really wanted the Porsche, but Rank has it's privilges.
                I almost got a Lamborgini, until we found out what an oil change cost ($500+). I was very popular with the upper management for a while.
                (I did prove that while the Porshe had better acceleration, the Benz had a higher top end - 3 figures, but still classified.)
                Last edited by Sleuth; 02-06-2006, 04:16 PM.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

I like my take home car, and I used to think the neighbors did too, until it was keyed last week!
                  When I'll be the girl that you love, you'll be the boy that I hate...

Comment

No option for me. Airport PD so we have roughly enough units for the shifts. When I get off, I hand the keys to the oncoming shift.

Only ones with take-homes at my dept are K9 (2005 Explorers).

But if I had the option, yes, I would love to have one. I would take care of mine unlike some of the a**clowns at the dept.
                    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2
                      I wanted to know how some officers felt about having take home cars from their departments.

Here is a translation of what I was thinking:

1. I like my take home car.
                      2. I don't like my take home car.
                      3. I don't care.
                      4. I don't have the option of a take home car.
                      what is your opinion since it seems you are in the Military?
                      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31
                        But if I had the option, yes, I would love to have one. I would take care of mine unlike some of the a**clowns at the dept.
                        I'm with SgtScott31. I hate getting to work and getting into a f---ed up car. I can't understand why some people just don't take care of the equipment. It also drives me nuts to have a dirty car inside and out. Nothing worse than getting into a car that smells like, ****, vomit, fish, terds, and OC.

So I would love to have a take home car even if it was beat up junker with 100,000 miles on it.

This also reminds me of a interesting story about take home cars. I was on a ride along with a department that had take home cars. The officer had got a second hand CD player and had one of the maintenance guys replace the stereo with it. Just a little harmless customization and adds a little bit of comfort.
                        Last edited by nonickname69; 02-08-2006, 09:47 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by Quopper
                          I like my take home car, and I used to think the neighbors did too, until it was keyed last week!
                          omg queen that was hilarious you are so funny
                          i love your expression of anger through humor!!
                          i dont know if you meant to be funny but i thought it was a cute way share that story http://forums.officer.com/forums/:
                          Smilie

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4030 users online. 230 members and 3800 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X