300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of firearm are you useing

i was wonder what most of you LEO are carring? I have always wanted a Glock thats what i would pick right now. Also what is the largest gun you can carry? An did you have to pay for you own gun? thanks

• GLOCK 21
    • We have to carry it on duty, but off duty, I guess if you wanted to carry a .50 cal Desert Eagle, more power to ya!
    • It's issued by the agency

Comment

Beretta 96 Vertec, issued by my agency. Off duty, we can carry whatever we want provided it's within some caliber and length specifications.
      "The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep." -Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Comment

Glock 22 (.40 cal)

If we want to carry something else off-duty we have to qualify with it as well.
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Glock 22 (.40 S&W, full size) on duty

Glock 23 (.40 S&W, compact) off duty

S&W 642 Airweight (.38) backup and occasionally off duty

I purchased all of the above.

Regards,

Phoenix
          Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

SIG-Saurer P226 .40 cal (issued) and a 2 inch S&W BUG (issued)
            Last edited by BlueKnight116; 11-29-2005, 04:23 PM.
            Disclaimer: The opinions I expressed here are mine and mine alone. They do not necessarily reflect the positions any other known person or organization.

Comment

Sig P229, .40 cal.
              What ever we want for off duty.

BTW, I had a Glock, good firearm but I will stick to my SIG!
              "Americans sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

I pack H&K .40

Comment

I pack an H&K .40 Used to carry Sig but ever since I shot my H&K I love it.

Comment

Oops. Sorry for the double post. Have no clue how I did it.

Comment

Reason for Editing.
                      Last edited by lazycop; 02-15-2010, 05:00 PM.
                      Work smarter not harder!

Comment

On & off duty - H&K USP Compact .357sig
                        BUG & occasionally off duty - S&W 642 .38spl
                        BUG - Kel-tec P3AT

Most guys on our dept. carry Glock 21's, one still carries a .357mag revolver. As long as you can qualify I think you can pretty much carry what you want.
                        I purchased all of my own weapons.

Comment

easy "raw hide"........

Originally posted by lazycop
                          Remington 870 Police Magnum 12g.

LOLOLOOLOLOLL!!! Can't argue with that! That leg holster most be a bit much though .As for me? Glock 22 .40 cal(on duty-the "plastic gun" is tough and the .40 is potent,but wish the Dept would go for the .357 sig rd)
                          also with a pocketed back up of a S&W mod 36(.38 cal snubby) -off duty- the beretta 8045 in .45 cal-less rds but solid for "up close" and personal work
                          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Current issue is .357 Sig 229, Off duty I usually carry a Ruger 2" .357 Mag or issue weapon. Past on duty weapons were S&W M-64 4" 38 spl. and then I carried my personal Sig P-226 9mm for a few years (the tritium is getting dim in the sights now), then that POS 10mm S&W 1076 (I didn't much like that gun), then we went to Sig P-229 .357 for issue.
                            "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Sig 229 in .40 issued. Glock 19 as BUG that I purchased myself. I carry the Glock off-duty. I carry the Glock for a couple of reasons. 1) The plastic doesn't rust from sitting under my armpit 5 days a week. A quick wipe of the slide with an oil rag every so often keeps it up. 2) It's a little lighter 3) I consider it a throw away gun. If it gets damaged, broken or whatever, it's no big deal. My personal Sigs (I have others) however are much more valuable to me as pieces.

I also have a Rem 870 Police Magnum, awesome scatter gun.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6458 users online. 378 members and 6080 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X