300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa - Pretoria

My girlfriend is considering doing some graduate work at the University of Pretoria and I was wondering if anyone from that area could compare the area to a place like Johannesburg in terms of crime and safety. I know the two are relatively close to each other and that Johannesburg has a bad reputation, but she has told me that what she has read is that Pretoria is much different. I'm not finding a whole lot on Pretoria itself, just overall negative reports on the country and Johannesburg specifically.

Try posting this question in the International Forum. There are some officers from SA who post there.
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

ctt : I think in general our crime rate here should be of concern, however Pretoria is certainly not one of my favourite cities (too old, hate the one-way streets etc.). UNISA (University of South Africa) located in Pretoria is probably the best university on the African continent.

Drop me a line off-list at [email protected]

Cheers!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4258 users online. 234 members and 4024 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X