300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwritten Rules

What are some of the "unwritten" rules of public service law enforement? These are the rules that knowone talkes about, but you just kind of learn as time goes on. I'm talking about the rules that ensure job security and dealing with suporvisors.

Rule #1

Recruits should keep their mouths shut and eyes open.

Comment

Originally posted by GB0610
      This is an unwritten rule that might make you lose your job. If you witness a fellow office commit a crime, and you don't report it or better yet, find a solution where he turns himself in, you are liable and will be punished if it is found out.

Good luck in your LE interview with this mindset. Your integrity is obviously not what it should be, that is if you are serious.
      absolutly,,,

good unwritten, go home at the end of shift. *and still have a job*

Comment

"Unwritten Rules" Here it's "If you Really want to be successful (I'm not), Rat out other offs. Don't voice an opinion. The precinct walls have "ears". If you want a "real" (whatever that means) back-up,hope for a male off. Don't trust suprv., it really is "us" vs. "them". Admit nothing,deny everything,demand proof. . There are a bunch of others,but I'm late for work.BYE.

Comment

1) Don't be a slug and "let" others do your work. Get it done! If not, your fellow officers will find ways to "inspire" you to work or hit the road. Aside that they can make your life hell when you need help (not referring to officer safety stuff)

2) Don't be a tattle tale. BE NO MEANS do I mean to cover up another officers criminal activity. That would also sink your carreer, that's just stupid. What I mean is don't go running to Sarge with, "Billy keeps leaving the car dirty". Take care of that crap on your own.

3) Take pride in yourself and be proficient at your job. Others will take note and respect you for it. (not a kiss ***).

4) ASK! Ask the old guys if you have a question. (They have nothing better to do anyway ) They are (some are) a wealth of knowledge and can make your life easier, by learning fom their mistakes and not having to repeat them yourself.
          Last edited by CarCop; 10-25-2005, 02:46 AM.

Comment

you catch it, you clean it.
            war leafs

Comment

unwritten rules/advise

here's a few: mind your own business and do your job,
              respect your veteran officers,
              don't be a hero, success takes team work, you are not a "TEAM" if you don't care about eachother.
              Evenif you don't likeafellow officer treat him/her with respect, you only have eachother to rely on when facing death.
              Take pride every day in your work, you keep our cities operating,
              don't think you know everything unless you have the degrees to prove it.

untill next time.

Comment

By the way, I'm am all for Internal affairs. If you are corrupt you should be hunted down like Bin Laden. Remember this: therse nothing worse than being a corrupt cop (In Prison). Bad Boys! Bad Boys!.... you know the rest.

Comment

Don't be a Kiss *** to brass....don't stab fellow officers in the back....keep your mouth shut if you don't know what your talking about...and if a fellow officer screws up, he probably knows it, there is no need to rub it in....come into work and do your job, thats all they can ask....just a few things i learned

Comment

Originally posted by hemicop
                    "Unwritten Rules" Here it's "If you Really want to be successful (I'm not), Rat out other offs. Don't voice an opinion. The precinct walls have "ears". If you want a "real" (whatever that means) back-up,hope for a male off. Don't trust suprv., it really is "us" vs. "them". Admit nothing,deny everything,demand proof. . There are a bunch of others,but I'm late for work.BYE.
                    What do you mean by not trusting suporvisors. What should I watch out for?

Comment

Always tell the truth.

Go home at the end of the day (it's already been said, but it merit's being said again).

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Comment

My Lt. told me "It's our job to find out what you do wrong" .Here i've seen suprv. do investigations on offs. BEFORE being advised of the inv. (a Union contract violation) which my Union does nothing about. they stake out offs. homes & have contacted suspects at the jail & asked them if they were treated fairly . 3 yrs ago I had a Sgt. who told me " I'm never going to investigate a complaint (against an Off.) I'm not going to sustain". Obviously in his eyes you're guilty until proven innocent & as far as he's concerned NO off. he inv. is innocent! I've heard (NOT heard of) suprv. encourage isolating offs. from their squad members, tell them to "just get the f--k out!" referring to the Dept. & told flat out that NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOU"RE A 20 yr. patrolman, at best! Now with these kinds of nightmares going on you'd think I'd be eating my gun or would have left when I reached my 20yrs. But I'm still here, (at 27yrs on) , shift 3 in a beat car working for guys that were in grade school when I started the job. Why? Because like the rest of you, I believe in the job & the legal system more than I do my suprvisors.

Comment

As told to me by one of my LT's.......

"10 percent of the stress in this job is generated by the criminals, the public, and the politicians......

90 percent is generated by your co-workers........"

How true!

Comment

There aren't any unwritten rules, nor are there any unwritten laws.

They are all in writing somewhere, or they simply don't exist ...
                            ... except in mind of the person trying to convince you that they exist.

Adios amigos.

Comment

Originally posted by tbear853
                              There aren't any unwritten rules, nor are there any unwritten laws.

They are all in writing somewhere, or they simply don't exist ...
                              ... except in mind of the person trying to convince you that they exist.

haha, good point, " but officer, isnt it an unwritten law that you give 10 over for speeding"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2440 users online. 107 members and 2333 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X