NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

!!!GUYS HELP!!! Bad Situation, Am I Screwed??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctt
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2005

Not a cop and I'm not judging your friends, just adding a point to what others have already said, it's probably common sense for most people... =)

I used to hang around friends that did things that I did not want to be involved in and when I could tell something was about to happen, I would leave. I always thought I was above that kind of stuff and thought it showed that I was "strong" because I spent years around people that wanted me to engage in their activities, which I did not. I soon found that just hanging around people like that lowered my standards and skewed my perspective on line. It was not peer pressure, but over time I began to look at engaging in the same kinds of activities as being not-so-bad.

Comment

• t150vsuptpr
      Hell on Wheels
      • Oct 2005

I don't know if you're screwed or not, but I agree with others, now is the time to get your feet firmly planted and set your sights where you want to be down the road, and that may well mean putting some distance between you and old school friends. From a PD's point of view, it's easier to not hire a problem than it is to fire one once you find you've got it.
      "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

• CarCop
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2005

DO NOT CONTACT THE DETECTIVE -want to really dig that hole? Call him, **** him off, question the detectives integrity, sink your self in the process. Mnay have already said that you WILL get a butt chewing, who hasn't. Take it learn from it and be done with it. Here is a simple word to use when your out - THINK! Your career can get side tracked in a second by a stupid choice. You haven't even started yours and your worried.

I think you will be fine! May hold you back a bit but, thats' life. Patience and humility. Be patient, if you get frustrated and **** on the wrong toes, you'll hang yourself. There is no "legal' standing for your dismisal as of yet, just perception. Dont' make that perception any worse for you by doing another foolish thing.

Good luck.

Comment

• AnGardaSiochana

Dont

The biggest mistake people make when they lie is to continue talking.

Nerves and a desire to get your false story across before they can come at you. DONT. You sit back and tell them only as they question. Innocent people arent eager, they are ****ed off at being hassled by cops.

On the other hand you have to ask yourself if this is the job for you, you went along with a blatant criminal act and now your covering for a criminal. Thats not a good sign for the future.

Comment

• PhilipCal
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2004

Am I screwed?

You're probably going to be okay, as long as you're upfront with the BI. I'd chose my buddys a little more carefully, and it make it a practice not to become involved in a situation like this in future. As to contacting the Detective you mentioned, I think I'd pass on that. Not a good idea. You can push too far, and this would be one of those situations. Be honest, be upfront, and you should be okay.

Comment

• PittsburghKid
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2005

Update

Well guys, had my interview with the BI over my complete brain cramp. Seems like it turned from a complete mess to a landfill boycotted by the EPA, if you get what Im saying. Basically, we went over everything from that night. He had some maps of the area and highlighted some things and asked me to point out my actions. Then he had 11 questions for me which we went over. Afterwards, he gave me the exact 11 questions and told me to write my answers down again, Im guessing to see if my answers change from what he wrote on his copy. Afterwards, we had a discussion about everything adn then he told me what the police report had in it and his concerns.

Story:
              My friend basically after being broken into, thought his neighbor stole his TV set and radio. So he and his brother decided it would be best to break into this guys apartment and steal his stuff back. I guess they got in and saw him on the phone with the police and whatever happened, they then left when the police showed up. My reason for detention that night is because I was in the area when it happened (again, I was the one who dropped my friend off after the club, picked him back up, got his brother, and dropped them back off, only knowing that he got broken into) and also I had my pistol in the glove box as I always do. Anyways they had me in the report as a "possible" (and I quote possible) getaway driver of a burglary.
              Then on top of that, when they wrote up the report on the incident, they got part of my story backwards So that actually infuriated me when I found this out. Anyways he got pinched for burglary and I think his brother did too.

What did I learn? That Im a complete moron is what I learned. Im so jacked off at myself for even being around when that happened, but I cant stress enough how I had no idea what was going on. One thing is, you can bet my @ss isnt gonna be around much since Im in PG County's final stages the next week or so. I dont care what questions they throw at me, put me on the poly and Ill prove their doubts (x10)

So where does it leave me with Montgomery County? From a virtual lock for the job to a 50/50 with the Captain's decision on yes or no, which I can see the writing on the wall....I might as well forget a job with MC I mean, the only chance I can see is them throwing me on the poly and grilling em about it; if I fail, can me; if I pass, give me the benefit of the doubt and move on. But i can only blame myself. Im gonna move forward with PG until I hear from MC on their decision, and right now, my focus is with PG and getting in there.

I guess wish me the best and Ill keep you posted. Im more ****ed about myself than anything. Im a clown right now

PittsburghKid
              ps - Officer Down: as I was writing this, I got an IM from my best friend that a police officer I was very close with growing up, died of a heart attack at 51. Man this just crushed my week.

Rest in Peace: David Pugh, Neville Island Police Department; suburb of Pittsburgh
              Last edited by PittsburghKid; 10-25-2005, 09:36 PM.
              Reputation is the cornerstone of power

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY POLICE
              Written - Passed
              Physical test - Passed
              Background Investigation - Finished
              Oral Board - Passed
              Polygraph - Passed
              Chief's Decision - Pending
              Medical Exam - Pending Chief's Decision
              Psycological Exam - Pending Chief's Decision

Comment

• Tennsix
                No Longer Active
                • Aug 2004

Live and Learn

You should have never gotten involved. A reasonable person would have known your friend was up to no good. You had to know that as well.

I would be extremely surprised if they don

Comment

• hellokitty
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2005

I'm really sorry. The whole thing stinks. But, you had to know that your 'friends' were probably not angels to begin with, themselves. What kind of past do they have? I'm going through something (not like this) myself. A childhood friend of mine (C), is a drug addict. She has been in/out of the system and I usually don't even hear from her but once every 4 or 5 months when she claims she is over drugs and looking for a job, etc. I am better friends w/ her poor mother, who I can now relate to on an adult level, while C. still behaves like she is 15.

She called me the other night from her new apartment that her mom got for her & her equally shady boyfriend. Both fresh out of jail after getting their umpteenth wrist slappings. Her mom and I prayed for a longer sentence, but they went unanswered. Still, her mom won't let her live home anymore. Long horrible story. She calls me, and wants me to come over and see her. Of course she can't drive; no license. I ask one simple question. "C, is there anything in your apt. you know I don't want to see?" She may be an addict, but she is refreshingly honest. "Weeelllll....there is a bowl, but I can put it on the deck for you?" She sounds like she knows she is taking a gamble. Finally, after all these years of trying to help her, I knew I could no longer stay involved in her life. I told her no and that I had to go. I don't expect to hear from her anytime soon. I have no idea what her mother must think (but I expect she will understand) that while she may have a vested interest in her only living child (a younger sister died from an HIV tranfusion many years ago), I can no longer be C's "positive influence". Not right now, at least. I am waiting to see right now if my dream career is going to come true or not. I won't risk that for anybody.

**Please** be a better friend to yourself from now on. At least YOU deserve it. They don't.

Comment

• PittsburghKid
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2005

Follow Up and final on this

Just to update, yes just this week I got my DQ letter from Montgomery for this whole **** bucket. But Honestly, I only have myself to blame. I knew the next day what my fate with this Dept would be, but I accepted it. Amazingly, they DQ'ed me for my driving record, which leads me to believe that they couldnt DQ me for the incident because I was not criminally involved with it, so they combed my packet and settled on my driving record as my reason for the DQ. Either way, what can I do, ya know. I can reapply in Jan 07, but I probably wont if Im hired somewheres else by then. Thanks for all the input you've given me. Yes I have learned a very very valuable lesson here, and trust me on this one, Ive made adjustments as to how things are while Im in the other processes Im involved with now. Your input helped. I have some serious good news though from the other day. Link is below.

PittsburghKid

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

Written - Passed
                    Physical test - Passed
                    Oral Board - Passed
                    Polygraph - Passed

Comment

• cst.sb
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by PittsburghKid
                      Just to update, yes just this week I got my DQ letter from Montgomery for this whole **** bucket. But Honestly, I only have myself to blame. I knew the next day what my fate with this Dept would be, but I accepted it. Amazingly, they DQ'ed me for my driving record, which leads me to believe that they couldnt DQ me for the incident because I was not criminally involved with it, so they combed my packet and settled on my driving record as my reason for the DQ. Either way, what can I do, ya know. I can reapply in Jan 07, but I probably wont if Im hired somewheres else by then. Thanks for all the input you've given me. Yes I have learned a very very valuable lesson here, and trust me on this one, Ive made adjustments as to how things are while Im in the other processes Im involved with now. Your input helped. I have some serious good news though from the other day. Link is below.

PittsburghKid
                      http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38394
                      Sounds like they may have DQ'd on driving history, because they couldn't DQ you on the incident. I believe that sometimes people get DQ'd for things that can't be argued, or sued over.

Just because you have been sent a letter, I would finish off the process strong and mature. I would call the recruiter and see if you can go in for a debrief. I'd call him and let him know you are still interested and that you would like to know what you can do to became a better canidate.

Doing that would show that you are mature and serious about the job.

Comment

• PittsburghKid
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2005

you're right on point. I knew that they DQ'ed me for the driving record because they couldnt for the incident. But I do plan on calling the recruiter as you've said.

PittsburghKid

Written - Passed
                        Physical test - Passed
                        Oral Board - Passed
                        Polygraph - Passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19424 users online. 54 members and 19370 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...