Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!GUYS HELP!!! Bad Situation, Am I Screwed??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!GUYS HELP!!! Bad Situation, Am I Screwed??

OK,
    some of you know Im in th Backround with Montogmery County Police in MD and with PG County. Couple posts I listed about my backround you guys told me I have no worries at all. Met with my BI last week and he said the same thing. Now on to the Poly. Fast forward to last night.

Me and a bunch of friends went out last night. Dropped the last one off, we'll call Al. He calls me back 30 seconds later and tells me to pick him back up, we gotta get his brother. I could hear something in his voice. Im askin and askin whats wrong. Al tells me his apt. got broken into and his TV and Radio stolen. He knows this shady dude 3 doors down from him. Al, a little suspicious of him, looks into his window and actually see's him WATCHING his TV that he stole and his radio on the counter You kidding me. Anyways, so I dropped him and his brother off (we picked his brother up at this point) and I chilled on the one side of the parking lot to text this girl I met that night, before I left for home. 3 minutes later, the police swarm the parking lot. So I left. Al calls me about 2 minutes later and told me to meet him down by the Holiday Inn. I asked him what was going on and why are the police there. No response, just come get me, is what I got. Anyways couldnt find them at the Holiday Inn, so I left to go home again. At this point I now get pulled over by the police.

By the book, I did what they asked me. (Shut the car off, hands on the steering wheel, look forward, and dont say a word) They then ask about weapons (which I did have on me. I got a permit. Always have it and my gun with me) search me, and run the numbers. Now they say that Im not under arrest, but they are detaining me as a material witness. To what? Still not sure what to gather from this, but I got the feeling Al did something. Cuffs go on, Im sitting in the cramped quarters of a cop car. Now about 10 cops show up and Im getting grilled on everything. Why was I in the area, Who do I know there, Why was I by the same place 2 times, What business did you have at the Holiday Inn. And I answered everything completely and honestly. After about an hour, the took off the cuffs and let me out of the car and we chatted for about 10 minutes. By this point, I gathered enough info on my own (from the calls from Al, the break in he had, and the calls to pick him up) that I knew what was going on. After that, they said I didnt have to worry about anything, I wasnt part of this. They just stopepd and detained me because I was in the area of a crime they said. No harm, have a good night.

My question is this, now because I wasnt arrested, only detained, how bad will this look to my BI if any? Because its obvious I have to tell him, agree?? I mean he said if anything should happen, to notify him. But I also am not on any report of this. In everyone's opinion here, am I screwed now or will this severely hurt my chances of getting on with MCPD or PGPD? I mean I was cooperative and gave them any info they needed that I knew of. And the fact they said it was just a formality to hold me because I was in the area.

What are your thoughts? Be serious, be honest and if you have to be frank about it, do it, dont sugar coat anything Im really sick about this because of what I think it could look like and do to my future.

PittsburghKid
    Reputation is the cornerstone of power

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY POLICE
    Written - Passed
    Physical test - Passed
    Background Investigation - Finished
    Oral Board - Passed
    Polygraph - Passed
    Chief's Decision - Pending
    Medical Exam - Pending Chief's Decision
    Psycological Exam - Pending Chief's Decision

Poor Judgement

You should inform the PD of the incident. You ARE in the report.

I think you shot yourself in the foot. You should have not been involved, in any way.
    Last edited by Tennsix; 10-14-2005, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Let me tell you this...you have nothing to worry about. With that being said, I hope your post did not omit any key information in this matter.

If I were you at that moment, I would have told them what I thought was going on. From your post I can gather enough to say that you can decifer things pretty well. Besides I am pretty sure the officers who detained you had reasonsable suspicion to do so and were not far away from gathering the truth.

Friend or not, YOU are the one who has the most to loose. So I hope you were completely honest to the officers. Just becanse they let you go at the scene, it does not mean they cannot file a criminal summons or a warrant for your arrest.

But anywho, as far as your chances of getting hired, I dont see that being a DQ or a red flag. Make sure you let the dept know what is going. Not telling them might as well be the same as lying in their eyes. Good luck.
      "Its not cheating, unless you get caught."-Al Bundy

Comment

Originally posted by Beanstick
        I hope your post did not omit any key information in this matter.

If I were you at that moment, I would have told them what I thought was going on. From your post I can gather enough to say that you can decifer things pretty well. Besides I am pretty sure the officers who detained you had reasonsable suspicion to do so and were not far away from gathering the truth.

Friend or not, YOU are the one who has the most to loose. So I hope you were completely honest to the officers. Just becanse they let you go at the scene, it does not mean they cannot file a criminal summons or a warrant for your arrest.

But anywho, as far as your chances of getting hired, I dont see that being a DQ or a red flag. Make sure you let the dept know what is going. Not telling them might as well be the same as lying in their eyes. Good luck.
        I promise you this, I was completely honest with them AND also did not omit any info from this post whatsoever. Everything on here is 100% accurate. One thing I am very big on is honesty, and I dont ever need to skate out of a slippery situation, because I dont put myself in them. However last night I was in one by default.

The other thing, I do have an excellent ability to see through anything pretty much to see the truth; as you said, decipher things pretty well. Its hard for some, but give me a couple clues, and I will piece together a puzzle and be pretty accurate on it. I appreciate all the info on this situation guys, keep it coming.

PittsburghKid

ps - I have left a message with my BI to call me ASAP. I want him to know about this now rather than a few days from now when it would seem like I tried to hide it. Of course, my luck now Monday he'll be back in his office being it's Friday, so I gotta probably wait until then. But he got my personal number to call me if he gets the message.
        pps - maybe I should have just stayed at that girls place last night instead of coming home and none of this would have happened

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

Written - Passed
        Physical test - Passed
        Oral Board - Passed
        Polygraph - Passed

Comment

im with tensix,, you are going to have a lot of deep explaining to do,, hopefully the officers involved might say a good thing or two about you while they had you. if warranted...
          they are probably going to hammer you on the "what would a prudient person think" factor,,, you knew your buddy's place got busted into, you knew they "think" they found who did it, you knew they called you back and were acting suspicious, and now officers are swarming the area,, what would a normal person think, "hey my buddies just busted into his place"', hind sight is 20 20, but you should have removed yourself then and there, not go looking for them,, just remember, this,, i used to work in the same town that i grew up in, i had a lot of friends there, some quit being my friend on their own,, a few others, I HAD TO QUIT being there friend...
          if all is as you said, I THINK, it shouldnt dq you right away, but you will and NEED TO explain it in dtail,,,soon.. good luck to you,

Comment

You just may be screwed.

I think you have a lot of explaining to do. I wouldn't wait for the PD to search you out, go there and be forthcoming.

BTW, what were you thinking?
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Update

Ok, update. Talked to my BI about this situation yesterday. I left him a message on Friday to call me. I basically went over the entire situation i outlined above. He wanted me to type up a statement and fax it to him signed which I did. Talked to him this morning and he said everything seemed pretty concise (sp?) He did say that the police department that handled everything that night contacted HIM the other day because they remembered my BI contacting them about information I gave them for a previous incident. They told him of the incident after I already told him, which I can understand. Now he has me coming down to see him for a special meeting next Monday at 9am to interview me about the whole situation, in person, not over the phone. Basically, my app is on hold until this clears he said. So that's where its at. I wish I could go today or something and not have to wait, but I guess thats the way it is. What do you guys think about this mess...er...I mean landfill now?? Sound like Im gonna get a size 12 up the patoot and sent on my way??

PittsburghKid
              ps - Im gonna toss myself down my steps a few times this week to practice for the verbal beating Im guessing is coming

Written - Passed
              Physical test - Passed
              Oral Board - Passed
              Polygraph - Passed

Comment

If your telling the truth 100%, you should be fine. If they wanted to crap can you it would have been done ( ie. No special meeting). Stand tall and take your spanking on the situation, but you will be fine.
                The road to success is not straight
                There is a curve called Failure, a Loop called Confusion, speed bumps
                called Friends, red lights called Enemies, caution lights called
                Family. You will have flats called Jobs. But, if you have a spare called
                Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a
                driver called Jesus, you will make it to a Place called Success! May
                God continue to bless you

www.osptrooper.com

Comment

Nice to know

I also was contemplating contacting the detective investigating the situation. To me, it seems he told the BI one thing and Im telling him another. What I want to know is what does he have that I should know, and what do I have he needs to know. Because obviously the crap is piling up and Im actually getting angry because it is interfering with this whole process. Besides, the detective hasnt or anyone from the department that night hasnt contacted me for any statement or anything whatsoever, so I shouldnt be worrying, correct?? I might be over reacting to the whole thing but this is my career we are talking about, and a special meeting on the entire matter considering Im 4 hours away bothers me because if I could be walking into a sh** storm, I want to know what way the wind is blowing. Then again, I understand that a meeting over the phone is harder to judge a persons reaction to questions to a sensitive issue than in person, so I can see why he wants to meet me. Hell, I might as well really make it worth my while and do my poly while Im down there I might have to see if that a possibility.

PittsburghKid

Written - Passed
                  Physical test - Passed
                  Oral Board - Passed
                  Polygraph - Passed

Comment

Originally posted by PittsburghKid
                    Ok, update. Talked to my BI about this situation yesterday. I left him a message on Friday to call me. I basically went over the entire situation i outlined above. He wanted me to type up a statement and fax it to him signed which I did. Talked to him this morning and he said everything seemed pretty concise (sp?) He did say that the police department that handled everything that night contacted HIM the other day because they remembered my BI contacting them about information I gave them for a previous incident. They told him of the incident after I already told him, which I can understand. Now he has me coming down to see him for a special meeting next Monday at 9am to interview me about the whole situation, in person, not over the phone. Basically, my app is on hold until this clears he said. So that's where its at. I wish I could go today or something and not have to wait, but I guess thats the way it is. What do you guys think about this mess...er...I mean landfill now?? Sound like Im gonna get a size 12 up the patoot and sent on my way??

PittsburghKid
                    ps - Im gonna toss myself down my steps a few times this week to practice for the verbal beating Im guessing is coming
                    You need to pick who your friends are. Right now, you should be a hermit-not really but you do need to keep your nose clean.....someone else's stupid mistake-now you have to have this "special meeting" and your app. is on hold. Just chill out on hanging out until you get a job. There will always be time for hanging out. Focus on what's in front of you, your career, an opportunity of a lifetime.
                    Revenge is for the weak minded individual!

Comment

There will always be time for hanging out. Focus on what's in front of you, your career, an opportunity of a lifetime.[/QUOTE]

This is the bottom line During your BI you need to be a hermit
                      The road to success is not straight
                      There is a curve called Failure, a Loop called Confusion, speed bumps
                      called Friends, red lights called Enemies, caution lights called
                      Family. You will have flats called Jobs. But, if you have a spare called
                      Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a
                      driver called Jesus, you will make it to a Place called Success! May
                      God continue to bless you

www.osptrooper.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper3882
                        There will always be time for hanging out. Focus on what's in front of you, your career, an opportunity of a lifetime.

This is the bottom line During your BI you need to be a hermit [/QUOTE]

Point well taken Thanks

PittsburghKid

Written - Passed
                        Physical test - Passed
                        Oral Board - Passed
                        Polygraph - Passed

Comment

Originally posted by PittsburghKid
                          I also was contemplating contacting the detective investigating the situation. To me, it seems he told the BI one thing and Im telling him another. What I want to know is what does he have that I should know, and what do I have he needs to know. Because obviously the crap is piling up and Im actually getting angry because it is interfering with this whole process. Besides, the detective hasnt or anyone from the department that night hasnt contacted me for any statement or anything whatsoever, so I shouldnt be worrying, correct?? I might be over reacting to the whole thing but this is my career we are talking about, and a special meeting on the entire matter considering Im 4 hours away bothers me because if I could be walking into a sh** storm, I want to know what way the wind is blowing. Then again, I understand that a meeting over the phone is harder to judge a persons reaction to questions to a sensitive issue than in person, so I can see why he wants to meet me. Hell, I might as well really make it worth my while and do my poly while Im down there I might have to see if that a possibility.

PittsburghKid
                          If I were you I'd stop contemplating calling the detective. That could just put you even deeper. If you call him asking what he told your BI or questioning him about what he told your BI differently than you did it could look extremely suspicious. You did the right thing by notifying your BI ASAP. Now just let whatever happens happen. If you get overly involved you will for sure screw yourself. I doubt you're going to take a verbal beating from the BI, you'll get plenty of that if you get hired and if you continue hanging out with morons.

Like another said, be a hermit, pick new friends, and be as freakin honest as you can without sounding desperate.
                          In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

You WILL have some explaining to do but if they wanted to can you they wouldn't even bother setting up a meeting. You DO need to be a hermit while in process & remember--- once you're on the job you'll have a whole different set of standards & responsibilities to live by. That's just the price you pay for being an officer. Honestly, it sounds like you need a new group of friends that won't drag your *** into $hit that could cost you a career. This incident should've shown you that.

Comment

I had a group of friends who were into drugs, partying, staying out all night, driving home drunk, etc. Well once I joined this job none of them want to talk to me anymore....hmmmm wonder why ....haha! No worries, good riddance. The only time I get a call from someone from my past its to get out of a ticket.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4972 users online. 311 members and 4661 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X